anyone experienced problems with the bushings? G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 06:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone experienced problems with the bushings? G35 coupe

My car had lowering springs and sometimes my car hits the control arms when I go through driveways. Anyways, I changed the springs to the stock ones and now the steering-wheel is shaking when I drive my car.
I noticed that the bushings (rubbers) are almost worn out. Does that make the steering wheel shake? Do I have to replace the whole controls arms or is it possible just to change the rubbers-bushings?

Attached Thumbnails anyone experienced problems with the bushings?  G35 coupe-31zqygid8jl.jpg  
Old 10-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts
Not sure what is causing your issue specifically, but once you lower your G, you will put wear in a few suspensions parts that will have to be replaced quickly, so you might want to get it done all at once. It might solve your problem, and if not, it will have to be done soon anyways. The items are:

Front Inner Control Arm Bushings. (It seems like you might be having issues with the outer one too. But you can only replace the bushings, you don't have to replace the whole arm)
Compression Rod Bushings (all four)
Replace endlinks if your car is older than 2005 (when they revised the endlinks and replaced them with much sturdier ones)

Also, if you only lowered and didn't change the shocks, you might have to replace your shock mounts soon.

Good luck.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:14 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
That's a common issue with all Gs, not just lowered ones. A few companies make replacement bushings including SPL, Energy Suspension, and Whiteline. You can remove the control arms and have the old bushings pressed out and new ones pressed in. The aftermarket bushings should last a long time.

Or you can just buy new arms, they're about $190 each if you shop around, and just replace the whole thing. Same theory applies to the compression rods and rear differential bushing.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks
I called the dealership and they don't sell the bushings seperately, they told me I have to buy the whole arm and it costs $270 each...Do you know where can I buy the bushings only?
and for the compression rod bushings, they sell them for ($72 each). I think it is over-priced what do u think?

One more question because I wanna make this clear
For the ((front inner control arm bushings)) they have Front UPPER arm bushing and Front LOWER arm bushing. So which one should I get?
And when u said buy all 4 Compression Rod Bushings. Are these for the FRONT and REAR tires? or the front has 4 bushings? so total will be 8 bushings for all four tires?
Thanks a lot!

Last edited by master111; 10-13-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
Not an expert myself, but I'd suggest replacing all of them at once. That way, you won't have them wearing out at different rates, and yeah. iono. :l

Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by master111
Thanks
I called the dealership and they don't sell the bushings seperately, they told me I have to buy the whole arm and it costs $270 each...Do you know where can I buy the bushings only?
and for the compression rod bushings, they sell them for ($72 each). I think it is over-priced what do u think?

One more question because I wanna make this clear
For the ((front inner control arm bushings)) they have Front UPPER arm bushing and Front LOWER arm bushing. So which one should I get?
And when u said buy all 4 Compression Rod Bushings. Are these for the FRONT and REAR tires? or the front has 4 bushings? so total will be 8 bushings for all four tires?
Thanks a lot!
Your first mistake was calling the dealership. If you want to replace the whole arm search ebay for them and a number of dealerships sell the LCAs for less than $200 shipped to your door. They are also idiots and will tell you you have to buy the whole thing so they can make money, don't let them make an idiot out of you as well.

There are no compression rods on the rear of the car so no worries there. Here are a number of links from our marketplace that list different types of bushings and sets. Look through them and PM the vendors with any questions you might have, I'm not going to do all of your work for you.

https://g35driver.com/forums/suspens...shing-kit.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/suspens...inks-more.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/suspens...-bushings.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/suspens...inks-more.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/suspens...-them-out.html

The following 2 users liked this post by Blue Dream:
G35inNC (03-06-2014), ThatOneDude (10-13-2011)
Old 10-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks that was helpful....So do I still need to buy the front ((Upper)) and ((Lower)) control arm bushings?

Old 10-13-2011, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Look through them and PM the vendors with any questions you might have, I'm not going to do all of your work for you.
Reading comprehension > you it seems.

The following users liked this post:
ThatOneDude (10-13-2011)
Old 10-13-2011, 10:59 PM
As you can see from this photo. There are front (Upper) and (Lower) control arm bushings. Do I have to replace the front upper and lower ones?

Attached Thumbnails anyone experienced problems with the bushings?  G35 coupe-category5926_thumb_full.jpg  
Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
Have to? No. You don't have to replace anything. We gave our recommendations, no?

Old 10-14-2011, 01:13 AM
O'Reilly has the entire control arm for $91.99 with limited life time warranty
Master Pro Control Arms - Control Arm And Ball Joint Assembly
Part # CB30063

Old 10-14-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by master111
As you can see from this photo. There are front (Upper) and (Lower) control arm bushings. Do I have to replace the front upper and lower ones?
Name:  facepalmuberww5.jpg
Views: 3149
Size:  101.9 KB

I guess I need to be more direct, SMH. This site is great because of the help we offer each other. HOWEVER we will not spoon feed you, we expect you to do some of the work yourself. So follow my advice, PM any of the vendors I listed, and ask away. It's not that hard, really, and you'll have a boost in your confidence for doing something yourself.

The following users liked this post:
Footballmania32 (11-02-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts
As blue dream said, we can only go so far with the advice.
Usually there's only the need to repalce the inner lower bushing, but now it's your turn to use the Search button, and browse thru some pictures of the whole assembly and how to detect whether both need to be replaced.
We are here to help, but we can't look behind your wheel wel for you, or test drive your car to pinpoint it with that much accuracy.

When it doubt, drop/add spacers.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well im having the same issue right now , how do i make sure its the bushing and not the ball joint , cause if u change the bushing and then its still making the noise then your like **** i should a bought the hole rod

Old 11-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Replace the whole fukn thing. Nissan initially issued a revised rod and bushing. Since the original one is out of spec causing premature wear on the bushings.

Replacing the bushing alone with a "revised' bushing might work.

If it were me, I'd replaced the entire fuking thing and get it done right the first time. Cost of Labor is a biotch. So do it all at once.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone experienced problems with the bushings? G35 coupe