Ichiba suspension parts = total garbage!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Received 350 Likes on 232 Posts
I would sign it but there are much much worse produects (e.g. Godspeed arms)

Old 12-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
I have ichiba front and rear arms, seeing more and more threads like this makes me really worried. I am honestly thinking about getting rid of them now.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Adon
yo I'm honestly thinking about starting a petition on this forum to have Ichina garbage banned from sale... by far the worst product I have ever seen sold, numerous threads on it's failure some were really close to being serious like the guy who crashed his car cuz his rear camber kit snapped....

my personal experience with it, not only did my bushings fail just like OP, but also i m seeing stress cracks at the welds, only a matter of time before they literally snapped on me
I would sign that petition.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Deemo
I have ichiba front and rear arms, seeing more and more threads like this makes me really worried. I am honestly thinking about getting rid of them now.
I would at least jack up your car and inspect them. Take those things off as soon as possible.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:11 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Xet
That doesn't really mean anything without discussing the drop. Even SPC/350evo arms can't get back slammed cars back in spec, often the car/wheel setups don't even have the possibility of being able to be put back in spec.

Now do these have quite little ability for positive adjustment compared to some other brands? Yes.
I'm dropped 3" and am running factory camber and toe on all 4 corners. I've got the V2 SPL arms and had to unscrew the heim joints about 1/2" to get to where I wanted.

Originally Posted by Adon
yo I'm honestly thinking about starting a petition on this forum to have Ichina garbage banned from sale... by far the worst product I have ever seen sold, numerous threads on it's failure some were really close to being serious like the guy who crashed his car cuz his rear camber kit snapped....

my personal experience with it, not only did my bushings fail just like OP, but also i m seeing stress cracks at the welds, only a matter of time before they literally snapped on me
I would sign that **** in a minute. I've had or have 5 Ichiba products on my car and they have all failed in some way or another, I hate them!!

Here were my rear camber arms after less than 10K miles.

I replaced them with a set of Stillen arms and feel a lot safer.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:12 AM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
there are so many threads on this lol

Old 12-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
Mine are coming off this weekend

Old 12-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by JaE35
there are so many threads on this lol
Like 5? Even if you say we've had like 10-20 reports, which is an exaggeration, think of how many of these have been sold and run without problems. I'm not defending them by any means, but I do think many people are really overstating the extent of these problem instances. I still believe that those who have had problems really need to be talking with ichiba to see if it is a production batch problem or a greater problem that could potentially lead to a recall.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
Like 5? Even if you say we've had like 10-20 reports, which is an exaggeration, think of how many of these have been sold and run without problems. I'm not defending them by any means, but I do think many people are really overstating the extent of these problem instances. I still believe that those who have had problems really need to be talking with ichiba to see if it is a production batch problem or a greater problem that could potentially lead to a recall.
I WOULD talk to them if they WOULD answer. Many have stated they tried contacting them (including me) and received zero response from them. Flip that coin over and think of how many people on here have had real issues with failure of their products. Now this is a big community on this forum. I couldn't imagine how many registered users there are. How many of them have indicated they suffered failure of Ichiba components? Now considering the size of this community and considering the amount of this product is out on the road, don't you think the numbers are still a bit high for failure reports compared to their competition? I haven't yet read a single instance of SPC, Stillen, or whomever else having this sort of failure on their product when subjected to normal street driving. My fronts and rears failed with 5500 miles on them. For a suspension component, that is purely unacceptable, plain and simple.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:43 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Originally Posted by Xet
no, lot more than that lol...there are also a crap ton of reports on my350z. I thought everyone already knew not to buy these

Old 12-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Xet
Originally Posted by JaE35
no, lot more than that lol...there are also a crap ton of reports on my350z. I thought everyone already knew not to buy these
Feel free to compile the amounts of reports and compare it to the likely thousands or tens of thousands of units sold, it will still be a very small percentage. Nobody knows if it has to do with a certain batch or even what type of conditions lead to the failure. They may not be very reliable, but barely anything is known about what causes the problem and going to the manufacturer with the information can be a thousand times more productive than just posting in a thread.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Xet
How many of those with Ichiba Suspension products really know that there is something wrong with the product that's currently under their car? I thought everything was fine and dandy until my mechanic was replacing my springs/struts and showed me the bushings had failed on my Ichiba front arms. If it weren't for him I would have no clue.

If Ichiba really stood behind their product they would have already taken care of all their customers who contacted them with faulty products. But it looks like that's not the case at all.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Xet
Originally Posted by Diesel350
How many of those with Ichiba Suspension products really know that there is something wrong with the product that's currently under their car? I thought everything was fine and dandy until my mechanic was replacing my springs/struts and showed me the bushings had failed on my Ichiba front arms. If it weren't for him I would have no clue.

If Ichiba really stood behind their product they would have already taken care of all their customers who contacted them with faulty products. But it looks like that's not the case at all.
How many of those with ichiba products are actually even having problems?? A handful of experiences really doesn't speak volumes about the product without additional knowledge.

Did you contact them? What did they say? The only person I have seen that has even stated they contacted ichiba said that they seemed very friendly and ready to help but that individual wasn't willing to communicate with them any further. From that case it seems as they were ready to stand behind their products and help the consumer but that consumer wasn't willing to even work with them.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by Xet
How many of those with ichiba products are actually even having problems?? A handful of experiences really doesn't speak volumes about the product without additional knowledge.

Did you contact them? What did they say? The only person I have seen that has even stated they contacted ichiba said that they seemed very friendly and ready to help but that individual wasn't willing to communicate with them any further. From that case it seems as they were ready to stand behind their products and help the consumer but that consumer wasn't willing to even work with them.
The ball is in their court. I contacted them and they have yet to reply to me. I doubt they would do anything anyways since I bought them over a year ago and bought them from a vendor so I'm sure they would just try and have me resolve the issue with that vendor. Until then I will continue to inform consumers of the low quality products Ichiba puts out and how Ichiba does not stand behind their product. You don't see SPL products have these kind of issues do you?

Old 12-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Xet
Originally Posted by Diesel350
The ball is in their court. I contacted them and they have yet to reply to me. I doubt they would do anything anyways since I bought them over a year ago and bought them from a vendor so I'm sure they would just try and have me resolve the issue with that vendor. Until then I will continue to inform consumers of the low quality products Ichiba puts out and how Ichiba does not stand behind their product. You don't see SPL products have these kind of issues do you?
Have you talked to the vendor as well?? They should be willing to use their increased influence to push the manufacturer into resolving the problem since they are involved as well. Might be another good way to approach the issue.

True, but not only is SPL much more expensive and "known" to be of quality but there are very few people running SPL in comparison to ichiba. SPC may be a better comparison, but even SPC has had issues such as clunking front arms. I believe SPC is even on their 3rd? version. It's hard to get a product perfect without real world feedback and testing.

Btw just to clarify, I am all for threads like this trying to put the info out there for potential buyers beware, I do draw issue when people post on our member's for sale threads trying to screw them out of a sale when it isn't that person's issue/fault in the least. Everyone should research the products they buy before they even think of purchasing a product whether it be from the vendors or individual members, it shouldn't be on people's for sale threads - that is just absurdly rude.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ichiba suspension parts = total garbage!!!