Ichiba suspension parts = total garbage!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
What about their bolt on spacers? What are some experiences on those lol because I have 38mm installed :S

Old 12-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
How many of those with ichiba products are actually even having problems?? A handful of experiences really doesn't speak volumes about the product without additional knowledge.

Did you contact them? What did they say? The only person I have seen that has even stated they contacted ichiba said that they seemed very friendly and ready to help but that individual wasn't willing to communicate with them any further. From that case it seems as they were ready to stand behind their products and help the consumer but that consumer wasn't willing to even work with them.
Guess you didn't read that I tried to contact them as well without any return calls. I tried going through my vendor, which received no answers back, as well as trying to write them directly without any return contact. They essentially blew me off. So there goes your theory.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:25 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by nogoodname
What about their bolt on spacers? What are some experiences on those lol because I have 38mm installed :S
Just be careful with the nuts and bolts, they're super soft and strip easily. I had 4 bolts strip on my V1s and several nuts strip on my V2s. I've had 5 different Ichiba products on my car that all failed in some way and I won't spend another dime with that POS company.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by GAU-8
Guess you didn't read that I tried to contact them as well without any return calls. I tried going through my vendor, which received no answers back, as well as trying to write them directly without any return contact. They essentially blew me off. So there goes your theory.
Here is a post from a marketplace thread:
Originally Posted by Adon
I've made my point and will NOT comment in this thread further, and if the OP is a stand up guy he would not take this personally nor should he be mad... I honestly think the route he should go is try to get a refund directly from Ichiba since his are unused and brand new...
they seemed willing to help me when I had contacted them, but I had informed them I was so disgusted with the product I didnt wanna have anything to do with them whatsoever
So there doesn't go my theory, but nice try. For whatever reason you may not be getting a response, if it was recently perhaps because of the holidays, but obviously some people have been able to get in contact with them. No need to try to call me out when someone was able to make contact with them and even stated themself that they seemed willing to help.

Last edited by Xet; 12-24-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
Have you talked to the vendor as well?? They should be willing to use their increased influence to push the manufacturer into resolving the problem since they are involved as well. Might be another good way to approach the issue.

True, but not only is SPL much more expensive and "known" to be of quality but there are very few people running SPL in comparison to ichiba. SPC may be a better comparison, but even SPC has had issues such as clunking front arms. I believe SPC is even on their 3rd? version. It's hard to get a product perfect without real world feedback and testing.

Btw just to clarify, I am all for threads like this trying to put the info out there for potential buyers beware, I do draw issue when people post on our member's for sale threads trying to screw them out of a sale when it isn't that person's issue/fault in the least. Everyone should research the products they buy before they even think of purchasing a product whether it be from the vendors or individual members, it shouldn't be on people's for sale threads - that is just absurdly rude.
Yep and here is what they said "Sorry to hear about the issue with Ichiba arms. There is no way in fixing them. I have checked into getting different bushing, but no one offers the correct size. They do have a 1 year warranty."

I'm just outside the 1 yr warranty so I highly doubt they would do anything for me. Basically at this point I am SOL and honestly the only thing I would accept is a free complete replacement of the Ichiba Arms.

BTW I know lots of people with 350Z's running SPL's. There are actually more threads talking about how good they are than bad ones talking about the Ichiba's. That should tell you how good of brand they are regardless of price.

Old 12-25-2011, 02:03 AM
Xet
Originally Posted by Diesel350
Yep and here is what they said "Sorry to hear about the issue with Ichiba arms. There is no way in fixing them. I have checked into getting different bushing, but no one offers the correct size. They do have a 1 year warranty."

I'm just outside the 1 yr warranty so I highly doubt they would do anything for me. Basically at this point I am SOL and honestly the only thing I would accept is a free complete replacement of the Ichiba Arms.

BTW I know lots of people with 350Z's running SPL's. There are actually more threads talking about how good they are than bad ones talking about the Ichiba's. That should tell you how good of brand they are regardless of price.
Sucks to hear about the vendor not really doing all that much for you. Hopefully you'll be able to get in contact with ichiba and get a reply.

I'm not saying there are only a few people running SPL's but in comparison to other brands being run they are definitely not even close to being the majority. And I'm not arguing that people have had good experiences with them for the vast majority. I don't see why you are trying to argue something that was just food for thought

Old 12-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet

So there doesn't go my theory, but nice try. For whatever reason you may not be getting a response, if it was recently perhaps because of the holidays, but obviously some people have been able to get in contact with them. No need to try to call me out when someone was able to make contact with them and even stated themself that they seemed willing to help.
I wasn't trying to call you out, so pump the brakes, homie. You said in post 28 something about contacting them. I did try contacting them........2 FRIGGIN' MONTHS AGO. I posted that before you wrote in. So it wasn't the holidays. Even B2Autodesigns.com tried calling and writing them with no answers. So to me, their customer service is in the toilet. They prolly got too many complaints to deal with all of it and let it slide now. You're right. There is no way to tell how many units were sold; how many units are currently in use, how many units failed where the owner knows, how many units are bad and the owner doesn't know. The point is there are too many in one small community that does know about the issues caused by their inferior product. How many other communities out there on other platforms are sharing the same issues? We will never know. I came from a car that only had 5700 cars made in a 4 year period. That's SMALL! If a vendor had more than 5 or 6 people complain of their product failing, it would be the death of their product since we were the only ones they catered to. There have been recalls on bigger products sold to more people with less failures than that.

Old 12-25-2011, 03:58 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet

Originally Posted by Adon
they seemed willing to help me when I had contacted them, but I had informed them I was so disgusted with the product I didnt wanna have anything to do with them whatsoever

I failed to mention that when going to their website their email AND phone number were out of service, nobody replied to emails, phone was disconnected.. this was months ago, over 6 months to be exact... and I just went on their site now, looks like they redesigned it and put up some new contact information, I can't vouch for what they got up there now though...
the ONLY reason I had managed to get in contact with them, is by actually telephoning a known Ichiba vendor I had found on GOOGLE, and getting their direct phone number....
even when I called Ichiba, the lady on the phone seemed very surprised I was calling....

this all to me is shady as fawk, and I am gonna start a thread tomorrow calling for a ban on Ichiba camber kits, these are known to fail catastrophically... then I will call them and direct them TO the thread and ask them to respond

Old 12-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Xet
Well best of luck trying to getting a constantly reliable contact line with them, and if you do try to bring it up to them I hope you will compile all the different complaints in an effective fashion to hopefully really make a positive change. It would be really nice to see a sum up of all the different types of problems and on what components of the different camber kits. I look forward to seeing what you come up with and how this all plays out.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had the same issue with this stuff but got their second version as a replacement so far so good i think =/

Old 01-21-2012, 09:56 PM
So I finally took off these garbage arms and replaced them with Kinetix arms and no more annoying clunking sounds.

As you can see the bushings have pretty much fallen apart and disintegrated.

The following users liked this post:
Adon (02-23-2012)
Old 02-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
^ yup yup, exactly it..... bushings are fucckked..... even if you email Ichiba best they could do is a replacement, when they said that to me I told them are you fcking crazy, I'm taking off garbage only to replace it with new garbage, same **** is gonna happen again in a month or two of driving anyway...

then I got no response after that, not that I was expecting anything further anyway

and sushiboy they don;t have a second version what are you talking about ? this is the only one they sell, they just sent you a new set which has the exact same crap bushings

Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
well before doing my research i just bought a slightly used set of Ichiba Front A arms for a 140 bucks. so who wants to buy them?

Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by nogoodname
I know this is a super late reply but had to post this here. The Ichiba Spacers are garbage too. Here are two people who's bolts broke on their spacers while driving. SCARY!!

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...2-spacers.html

http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...-not-safe.html

Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Kinteix and Ichiba are both garbage

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ichiba suspension parts = total garbage!!!