Should I buy all at once or do one item at a time?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by G35SedanGrn
Ohhh & btw I ended up ordering both shocks & camber arms & toebolts today
what arms and bolts did you purchase? Did you use a vendor on the site?

Old 03-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
I would suggest one at a time, keeping the installs a week of driving apart. Reason being that this way, you can tell the differences each mod, or part makes, good or bad. As for supporting parts like the camber and toe kit, install those when you drop the car.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by SoulGlo
what arms and bolts did you purchase? Did you use a vendor on the site?
Went with 350z Tokico HP's & SPC rear camber arms & SPC toe bolts from THMotorsports here on driver.

Originally Posted by dofu
I would suggest one at a time, keeping the installs a week of driving apart. Reason being that this way, you can tell the differences each mod, or part makes, good or bad. As for supporting parts like the camber and toe kit, install those when you drop the car.
I don't find that to make much sense lol new shocks can only improve over my worn oem shocks with 65k miles on em, springs yeah well It doesnt make sense to install shocks then take them out and install my springs lol & camber well if I install my springs & shocks I'll need to get aligned, why pay to get aligned then install my camber arms then pay to get aligned again. Plus how much time it would take to do 1 at a time. I was asking if I should do 1 at a time to not fork over like $600 at once but I did anyways lol.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by G35SedanGrn
I don't find that to make much sense lol new shocks can only improve over my worn oem shocks with 65k miles on em, springs yeah well It doesnt make sense to install shocks then take them out and install my springs lol & camber well if I install my springs & shocks I'll need to get aligned, why pay to get aligned then install my camber arms then pay to get aligned again. Plus how much time it would take to do 1 at a time. I was asking if I should do 1 at a time to not fork over like $600 at once but I did anyways lol.
If you're modding for performance, one mod at a time is the way to go so you can get a feel for how well each part works. If you install everything at once and you come across an issue of too much oversteer, or such, then you won't know which part is throwing off your handling.

The logic is very simple - if you throw on all your mods and you are automatically introduced to a strange noise or unpleasant characteristic, you'll be spending more time diagnosing the problem, if you can even find the problem. Compare that to how, if you installed the mods one at a time and you now come across the noise or problem, you can simply go back to check your last mod.

Beyond that, if you are modding for performance and actually do push your car to it's limits, you want to get to know your car and all the little mods you've made to it, and modding slowly is always the recommended way to go about doing this.

But of course if you're only modding only for looks and aren't doing the work yourself, or are just doing simple maintenance or repairs, then go ahead and throw everything on at once. Little things that will affect performance won't matter to you as much since you won't ever be pushing your car to it's limits. If this was the case, then why would you even need to ask?

Last edited by dofu; 03-19-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:02 AM
I installed the shocks/springs at the same time & ended up not needing the camber kit, but I was installing these parts to lower my car & to handel better. I was asking this question because I didn't really want to spend $600 right away.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think both of us hopped on those Tanabes for a steal! From more-japan.com?! i installed mine already. im debating on going back to stock since i may need to teach the mother of my soon to be child how to drive stick and also possibly save me some cash from getting the spc front kit. i love the drop. hate the wear on my tires along with necessary expenses that are included when dropping a vehicle. i.e. front and rear camber kits, shocks that will need replacing. scraping and bumps ftl!!!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:58 AM
I got sedan gf210's so not that much of a drop. only about 1inch all around...