alightment /camber bolt question for coupe 07

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alightment /camber bolt question for coupe 07

i have alightment question .I resently took my g zer to justtire for an alightment they told me i need to replace 2 right cambers bolts. Front right and rear right back. I bought the oem parts from infinitionline parts and i got the parts but took it to the mechanic and they said i need to replace the whole part that wholes the tire i believe is the spindle. I went back to just tire and they said the mechanic was wrong i just need after market camber bolts that can adjust. Infinitipartonline told me oem parts cannot be adjust. Please help. IM have 20 each wheel dont know the width but im planning to find out .I also would like to put 255 tires in the front and 275 rear but i fear it might rub the fender but i hear camber bolt measurement may help.need advise thank you........i attached the results from alightment

Attached Thumbnails alightment /camber bolt question for coupe 07-alightment-measurement.jpg  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
I wish I could help u on the front, but let me ask.. Since u got the bolts that the alignment shop told u to get why didn't they install the bolts and realign the car?

On the rear.. if u have a drop on your car.. u will need to get a camber kit for the rear.. Getting the rear camber kit and toe bolt would dial u in on the rear..

I also, have a 07 and I know.. that the front "caster" can't be adjusted, but the camber should be and since u bought the bolts have them install them or you install and just get it aligned again..

Old 03-02-2012, 02:22 AM
My car is not.dropped .I only Went there first for.an alightment I didn't have the OEM bolts and they didn't specify if they wanted OEM parts. I asume it would be better so I order the part s on the phone. and got them in like a week and Went to local mechanic. The mechanic dude said the bolts were fine and that I needed to buy spindles it s what holds the tires so I thought he was crazy .Went back to just tires were they adviced me about camber bolts. Showed them the parts but they showed me a bolt for a different car that would adjust to have an idea so I called Infinitionline and the operator told the guy from.just tires that the parts the OEM camber bolt I bought cannot be adjusted . I put on the attachment were they wanted the bolts so u can view it.So your saying I should put the bolts anyways and have them adjust the camber rear. Do you think both mechanics and operator were wrong.? lol. I bought 3 cause the local dum mechanic told me to because the front left was at its limit. More feedback please...thanx for the info

Old 03-02-2012, 02:27 AM
Last thing he said was 2 just leave it like that because its not that bad or just buy an after market camber bolt ... But i want to get it done now

Last edited by IVANISINLA; 03-02-2012 at 04:45 AM.