New Suspension help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
New Suspension help

I bought my G coupe, 2 years ago. It was lowered on Tein H-Tech Springs for awhile.. It's got 51000 miles now, but I'm pretty sure the springs damaged the suspension(on car for 15-16k miles?), especially on these horrid Chicago roads(front left side squeaks). Anyways, I don't like how my car handles during the turns anymore.

Now what supporting mods should I get if I plan on getting sway bars and coilovers?

I heard that I need a camber kit to reduce tire wear if I were to lower my car with coilovers, true? I'm not aiming for "stance" or any of those styles. I just want to improve handling, and the overall steering of the car. Are there any other mods I should definitely get?

Please help me out with your advice. Your brand/product recommendations are welcomed.

Thanks.

Also, what suspension parts might be going out near the 51k mile mark?

Last edited by jenxin; 07-13-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Anyone? I plan on getting endlinks also. What are common parts that wear out quick on our cars that might need replacement?

Old 08-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Wow that's alot of questions. I would for sure get Rear camber arms and Toe bolts along with front upper A arms which is where you will adjust the camber on the front. You can get endlinks also which will help out the feel. I prefer SPL Camber arms, Toe bolts, and endlinks. They are the most expensive out there but are the best quality. You might want to go ahead and replace your Lower control arm bushings and compression rod bushings. Hotchkis makes some awesome sway bars. Fortune 500 makes some good coilovers for the price and the offer and very good ride. There is also a few other coilovers that are a bit more money but will have even a better ride. Here is a link to a vendor on here that carries the SPL brand. If you need any help or have any questions feel free to PM me on here.

https://g35driver.com/forums/suspens...r-pricing.html

Old 08-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Soo.. this was a couple weeks back. But thanks for your response. Since then I've bought

SPC Front + Rear camber kit+toebolts, Hotchkis F+R Swaybars, Tanabe Sustec Pro 5 coilovers, dba 5600 crossdrilled front rotors and 4601 Xdrilled rears.. Also bought a set of whiteline F+R endlinks + stoptech SS brakelines. Anything else I should get?

Currently looking into a new set of brakepads..