Alignment help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment help

Whats up everyone, havent posted here in a while but ive come across a problem that is driving me and my wallet to the edge and I just wanted a second opinion on what to do next.

So to start, the car is a 04 g35 couple. I installed tanabe springs (not sure which model but about a 2.2 inch drop all around, veryyy low) and ichiba rear camber kit a couple of months ago. After going in to get an alignment,I realized the car could never really be back to spec because of the extensive drop unless I install after market toe bolts. Ichiba included two toe bolts in the box but I never bothered installing them. The car drove fine for months with slightly noticable neg camber in the rear but not enough to burn the tires.

More recently, I was in a small fender bender and the shop i took my car to decided to do an alignment after the repairs. After getting my car back, the wheels looked very badly cambered and a few days after driving it, the "SLIP" and "VDC OFF" light started popping up. I took it back and they re did it which fixed it a little although the "SLIP" light would still turn on here and there. The tech explained that it was just bad tires. As of yesterday, I replaced one of the bald tires and tightened up the camber arms in the rear and they are still very badly cambered and the light is continuosly popping up after hard turns and the car skids.

My question is what the next step should be.... should I take the time to install the toe bolts or should I go in again to get it re-aligned a third time ? With a brand new tire on the back I dont want it to burn at the rate they were before, and the car is driving horrible right now (steering wheel is off, slip light, skidding, slight fish tailing etc.) Unless the toe bolts will fix all these problems Im not sure what to try

Sorry for the long post, wanted to give as much detail as possible

Old 08-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Toe bolts should have been replaced as soon as you lowered it. Your TOE is gonna mess up your tires 10 times quicker then camber if not in spec. As far as the SLIP light goes I would check your brake fluid level and make sure your brakes are in good shape. I am gonna post a sheet of my recent alignment to give you some kind of idea. Keep in mind I am very LOW. You can also get your G hooked up to a engine diagnostic tool to test to see if throwing any codes for your SLIP light.

Name:  SCAN0011.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  96.8 KB

Old 08-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the tip,
i decided to adjust the camber arms and get it re-aligned as a start, so far its been driving much better. No more slip light, and 2 fresh rear tires. The rears are still a little bit cambered which was expected but I do plan to install the toe bolts sometiem soon to get rid of it. My only question is my camber kit is ichiba and they included the toe bolts but no guide on how much to cut in the slot??