Plese help me :-(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 11:13 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Plese help me :-(

Hey guys-maybe a noob question,i cant find the exact answer,sorry for the post.

Im saving money for my wedding,so trying to go cheap for now till my money is right.

Im relatively happy with the rear stock height, but the front id like a little lower. is it true i can get 350z oem springs for the front,and itll drop it safely and comfortably a noticeable amount? In a nut shell, id like to be able to just get lowering springs, oem 350z or aftermarket, that will lower the car not any crazy ammount,and that wont need any modification to anything, and that wont need a camber or tie rod kit (if at all possible) but i deff do not want to wear out my tires or have bumpy or hard driving either. so smooth ride,with a little drop is my goal! please help

Any input,or suggestions, would be greatlyyy appreciated! can post or pm me

Old 10-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
I'm not too familiar with how much the 350z OEM springs would drop the car, but, just save up your money for your wedding which is more important. I think the drop is very little and would probably add just a little bit more negative camber which would cause your tires to wear out a tiny bit faster.

The following users liked this post:
nbarkins (10-29-2012)
Old 10-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Banned
ty for your nice words,and response. i was afraid of the camber problem. i just want a little drop to remove some fender gap, i have stock 18's with brembos. maybe lowering springs if the 350z wont drop 1/2 inch or so?

Old 10-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
I have OEM 350z springs and they lower it .5in in the front, the back didnt seem to do much so i had the spring mount cut to even it out a bit. Its definitely noticeable and your camber will be off slightly.

nbarkins (10-29-2012)
Old 10-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Banned
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Polishthrust
I have OEM 350z springs and they lower it .5in in the front, the back didnt seem to do much so i had the spring mount cut to even it out a bit. Its definitely noticeable and your camber will be off slightly.
ty very much for answering my question my dude.. I like how the back sits,its just fine. and the least amount of ride comfort change is my goal,so if the fronts dropped it half an inch i think thatd be ideal. Did it mess the camber up in the front or just the back? Is there any way you could post or pm me a pic? ill pm u my number so if u dont mind u could maybe text me a pic to make it easier/faster.

either way thanks a lot

Old 10-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Here you go.
Keep in mind that i have oem 19s with upsized tires so they close the gap a bit more. The ride feels exactly the same as oem since the springs have the same spring rates. Just make sure to get the correct ones to match your G, there are two different types: revised and non-revised depending on the year and suspension of the Z.

Attached Thumbnails Plese help me :-(-p1030349-large-.jpg   Plese help me :-(-p1030367-large-.jpg   Plese help me :-(-p1030374-large-.jpg  

Last edited by Polishthrust; 10-29-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
are you worried about camber because you want your tires to wear evenly? you'll hardly even notice it with a .5" drop.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Polishthrust
Here you go.
Keep in mind that i have oem 19s with upsized tires so they close the gap a bit more. The ride feels exactly the same as oem since the springs have the same spring rates. Just make sure to get the correct ones to match your G, there are two different types: revised and non-revised depending on the year and suspension of the Z.
First of all thanks for the extremely detailed response. Secondly your car is f&**kin SICK. what is the black housing look in your bottom bumper area where there is normally mesh? Third, the cars in your driveway look very familiar lol

Attached Thumbnails Plese help me :-(-100media95imag2900-1.jpg  
Old 10-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Banned
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ajkVQ
are you worried about camber because you want your tires to wear evenly? you'll hardly even notice it with a .5" drop.
thanks for the response
Yea,ride comfort,and tire wear are my only concerns. He stated the comfort is the same,which is what i was expecting, but the tire wear is also a big concern. for the fact of tires being pricy now,and wanting full contact with the road.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by nbarkins
thanks for the response
Yea,ride comfort,and tire wear are my only concerns. He stated the comfort is the same,which is what i was expecting, but the tire wear is also a big concern. for the fact of tires being pricy now,and wanting full contact with the road.
gotcha, yeah just get your car re-aligned if you're worried about it and you'll be good.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Banned
Thumbs up

gotcha, yeah just get your car re-aligned if you're worried about it and you'll be good.
the alignment will fix the camber difference? i thought it was a totally different adjustment? hence having to get a camber kit or tie rods or new bolts or whatever? as u can tell im not to keen on this subject, wheels tires and suspension are not my fort-ay

ty all for the help, so nice to have a place to go for answers from knowledgeable people that are willing to help you all lol

Old 10-31-2012, 07:30 PM
wait. actually don't take my word for it get a second opinion lol

nbarkins (11-01-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 AM
First of all thanks for the extremely detailed response. Secondly your car is f&**kin SICK. what is the black housing look in your bottom bumper area where there is normally mesh? Third, the cars in your driveway look very familiar lol
Thanks! I have a nismo front bumper and the vents are painted black.

nbarkins (11-01-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 01:21 AM
the alignment will fix the camber difference? i thought it was a totally different adjustment? hence having to get a camber kit or tie rods or new bolts or whatever? as u can tell im not to keen on this subject, wheels tires and suspension are not my fort-ay

ty all for the help, so nice to have a place to go for answers from knowledgeable people that are willing to help you all lol
If i remember correctly i couldnt get back into spec without a camber kit. It was SLIGHTLY over the max factory numbers but the good news is that front doesnt wear out as much as the rear so you should be ok as long as you get toe back into spec. Just flip your tires once in a while and you will get more life out of them.

nbarkins (11-01-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 02:13 AM
Banned
wait. actually don't take my word for it get a second opinion lol
haha sounds good

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Plese help me :-(