Help needed: brake issue...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brakes Help needed: brake issue...

Hello fellas, and ladies...

And pre- thank you for looking or suggesting any helpful tips...

I have a 06 g35x I bought about 8 months ago, Unfortunately I bought it with this issue unknowing.... The thrill of buying my first fast awesome car I guess...

Any who
the problem:
When I first start the car ( happens everytime no matter on a hill, or straight level road) I will put in drive with or without foot on pedal about 5 minutes ish itll make like a ERR sound... I think it is as if it maybe sucking air in somewhere through a tight passage.. and is coming from the front of the car under the hood right infront of me (master cylinder?) ... IF your foot is on the pedal while this happens it goes straight to the ground (brake pedal) but after letting off the entire drive it works great... I have drove from Portland and back in it and all over so it litterally only happens when first cranked...
I thought well hell, my little to medium experience first thought is air in the lines... well I did two complete all 4 bleeding of lines each time I possibly did it for 45 minutes and still was getting one or 2 bubbles coming out. My experience is absolutely no bubbles should come out if everything is done correct... Well like I said I have done all 4 twice two seperate times each time still a few bubbles exist
As I said up there ^ the brakes work perfect after this happens but has happen every day for the past 8 or so months that I drive it. I have had emergency stops, worked perfect still, fast stops, slow stops, wet stops all works fine.
My concern is well one day it may not work fine because of this issue...
I would love to hear any and all inputs... I have been on this forum a good bit, I possibly get one a hour a day or more have searched many brake related issues never found anything quite like this on here... If I missed some in search please let me know or if instead you can give me your ideas

Thank you everyone for advice again,

Brice TomlinsonDOMO

Old 12-02-2012, 09:15 AM
No help on this one? or no ideas? dang... maybe someone will get on Monday with some helpful advice... well I wont try to bump this too much maybe once a week or so...

thanks again yall.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
My car does this every morning also after a cold start. Pulling out of the driveway I hear a "HSHH" sound the very first time I brake. I can feel the vibration as it happens on my brake pedal. Happens only once every morning, though. I'd also like to hear someone's response on what it may be.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
If it does it once when the car is first cranked, it's the ABS self-test. It's normal.

If you happen to step on the brake while the self-test is being performed, you'll notice a pedal vibration almost like the ABS is being activated.

As long as it does it once, and only once just after vehicle startup, it's perfectly normal

Old 01-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Okay, Just heard it was the ABS also... though its not a vibration the brake pedal goes completely to the floor, still normal?