s-tech lowering springs question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question s-tech lowering springs question

If anyone can link me to a thread that maybe i missed with the answer in it, please just post that. I looked around for a thread but didn't find exactly what i was looking for....no definite answers. I'm trying to get a set of S-tech springs for a moderate drop (i'm in NJ and the roads here blow) so a few questions:

I have a 2006 G35 coupe (premium package) so stock 19" rays, (225/35/19 and 245/35/19) V12's, and 25mm spacers all around

(heads up, i'm a suspension newb)

*I was wondering, can I put the s-tech's on without needing to buy anything else for the suspension, being that it's not a crazy drop???

*I'm worried about needing to buy camber kits or whatever. If i DOOOOO need to look into buying more parts for running a stock alignment, what else should i look into buying along with the springs???

*Will an alignment alone have enough play in the suspension to bring me back to stock camber?

*Should i be worried about having to roll fenders due to the 25mm spacers all around? (i DO NOT want to have to roll my fenders)

I'm trying to stay as close to stock as I can in terms of alignment as I'm not big on the camber look or wearing my tires out after 5k miles.

Hopefully you guys can give me some advice or there's someone with the exact problem as me. Sorry in advance if this is already posted somewhere that I missed.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
You will definitely need a rear camber kit. A front camber kit is HIGHLY recommended for optimal tire wear, but not 100% necessary. SPC camber kits front and rear with toe bolts are what you want to buy. Check out the vendors in the marketplace.

I am pretty sure you will need to roll your rear fenders. You will not need to roll your front fenders.
Fender rolling is cheap and takes no time at all for a professional to do it. Local guy did mine for $80.