Old 12-29-2014, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
You have a LOT to learn about Driver if you think that was talking shitt
Thanks

Old 12-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by slerfinG
Yeah if you want to have someone else turbo the car "for you", it'll cost upwards of 7grand. I believe you're misled bud. I have purchased a used turbontics kit for a great price. You can talk all the sh#t you want. I'm simply looking for who has different parts, on their cars and what seems to go best for a G with single turbo. So to answer your question, yeah if Racelands products have improved and I get good feedback about them, then yes, I'll go buy $500 brand new coils with a 2year warranty vs. Used BC coils with no warranty.
So, you're great price includes everything from the piping, the colder plugs, new injectors, tuning software, and you're gonna install the turbo and tune it all yourself? And if you plan on more than 8psi or so, your kit came with forged internals? If so, man rock on. I'm not talkin ****, my man, I just feel like if yer gonna build a beast, you want it built for real. Besides, I think coils are for women anyway, so I'd suggest springs instead, but not if yer going "slammed".

Old 12-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
So, you're great price includes everything from the piping, the colder plugs, new injectors, tuning software, and you're gonna install the turbo and tune it all yourself? And if you plan on more than 8psi or so, your kit came with forged internals? If so, man rock on. I'm not talkin ****, my man, I just feel like if yer gonna build a beast, you want it built for real. Besides, I think coils are for women anyway, so I'd suggest springs instead, but not if yer going "slammed".
Well here let me go ahead and enlighten you all.

I did purchased the kit for $1700.
All I needed to buy was, plugs, injectors and a tune. I'm not going to tune it myself, however I do have connections with tuning. I will be installing it with a friend. I'm not going over 8psi because this is my daily right now, I know I'd have to mess with the internals if I went higher. I was actually thinking 5.5-7psi. I'm not trying to build a beast. Until I have another set of wheels.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
If you are turbo in your car you don't want to slam the car so it rides like ****.. Kind of defeats the purpose

Old 12-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
If you are turbo in your car you don't want to slam the car so it rides like ****.. Kind of defeats the purpose
I don't technically want it slammed, I would like it sitting nice and flush, but then sometimes to show her stance I'd like to lower her more. What springs and shocks are you recommending?

Old 12-29-2014, 08:55 PM
I've have both stance coil overs and right now I have tokico shocks and 350z eibach springs.. If you want to adjust your suspension like you said then I guess you made up your mind that you want coils.. I'd go coils if you are doing aftermarket wheels with a flush setup so you can dial your suspension in.. I'd recommend getting a used set of a nicer brand coil over if you want your car to have a nicer ride, if you don't care then go with the original ones you want

Old 12-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by slerfinG
I don't technically want it slammed, I would like it sitting nice and flush, but then sometimes to show her stance I'd like to lower her more. What springs and shocks are you recommending?
350z eibach pro-kit with tokico or KYB shocks would probably be exactly what you want. Probably be around $500. Obviously you don't get the adjustability, but as far as I'm concerned that's unimportant.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Tokico blues and 350z profits give the car a really nice drop, people don't believe I'm on springs

Old 01-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
Building your own turbo is somehow a "thing" on here. Any other platform, it's no big deal. I will say I hope you've done your research. Unlike many other motors, the VQ is finicky. Not rotory finicky, but finicky. The actual manual labor install isn't much different than any other platform but your tune will be the all important factor. So, if possible, get someone that's done them before or just a REALLY good tuner that can set up a proper fuel mapping. That will literally be what makes or breaks you (which is why is cost so much to F/I these fockers) even on low boost.

As far as suspension is concerned, I will say that 350Z springs get you uncommonly low. However, I will also say that you can slam your car and be boosted.

BEHOLD!!1 A SLAMMED 350Z with not 1 but TWO turbos.

And, there's a bunch of'em. And yes, I'm aware that it is 4 inches shorter than the G35, has no leather or sunroof, but it's virtually the same thing.

If you want adjustability, do coilovers. If not, springs. I've ridden on racelands in other cars, and it's meh. I mean, MOST of the cars I ride in and my personal G is a couple inches off the ground so it's only gonna be so comfy. But, there you go.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haven't been on in a while but Racelands are still holding up fine. No complaints but then again I don't "slam" my car.