Review: R1Concepts Eline Slotted Brake Rotors Full Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 07:38 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Post Review: R1Concepts Eline Slotted Brake Rotors Full Kit

Hi All,

It was time to swap out the brakes in terms of the pads and rotors and been looking around for a decent setup for the price.

I decided to go with the R1Concept Eline Brake Slotted Kit which includes the brake pads as well.

Package Included:
-Front and Rear Eline Slotted and Vented Rotors
-Spektrum Brake Pads (R1Concept Inhouse brand pads)

Initial Impressions:
Superb quality and finish. Rotors and pads came packaged well with documentation for the orientation for the rotors for each side. Rotors look identical to Centric Blanks with slots in them. I didn't get the drilled rotors as they risk cracking.
The brake pads are Ceramic Pads and looks to be on par with Centric PosiQuiet pads.
Price paid was around 165 shipped from R1Concepts.

I will be installing these in the next day or so and will update with initial brake feel. For reference, my brakes are worn and the previous owner used Wearever Brake Pads and Duralast Rotors.

Update:
Rotors have been installed and pads bedded in. Sorry for the late update. Overall brake feel is great. Great stopping power initial starting off, cold, and rain. These are a bargain for the price and look phenominal installed. Will post an update after 1000 miles to give an update as to how they are performing after breaking them in fully.

Attached Thumbnails Review: R1Concepts Eline Slotted Brake Rotors Full Kit-img_5223.jpg   Review: R1Concepts Eline Slotted Brake Rotors Full Kit-img_5225.jpg   Review: R1Concepts Eline Slotted Brake Rotors Full Kit-img_5224.jpg   Review: R1Concepts Eline Slotted Brake Rotors Full Kit-img_5226.jpg   Review: R1Concepts Eline Slotted Brake Rotors Full Kit-img_5364.jpg  

Last edited by CV35Driver; 03-05-2016 at 02:04 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where did you order from? I need to change out my rotors and pads as well on my 2006 g35x. Interested to see how these go for you. Was leaning toward the centric rotors but they only sell in singles and then still gotta get pads.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:10 AM
Originally Posted by invadertim
Where did you order from? I need to change out my rotors and pads as well on my 2006 g35x. Interested to see how these go for you. Was leaning toward the centric rotors but they only sell in singles and then still gotta get pads.
Hey there,

I got these from R1Concepts Ebay Page. They are directly shipped from their warehouse and are marked down lower than on their website listings. Rotors were built when I ordered through them and received them in about 4 business days although it may be quicker if you are closer to the Westcoast.

A link for your 06 Brakes:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brake-Rotors...gAAOSwe7BWxbIe

Mine were cheaper as I have the older caliper design with the single Piston versus the Dual Piston on the 06Xs. For reference, this same kit is quite a bit more from their website for this same setup.

Updated will be posted in the next day or so with the install process and initial thoughts.

The following users liked this post:
invadertim (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the reply man! I may get the same set for my year or maybe just get the blanks. Looking forward to your feedback soon as you get them on.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:58 AM
Talking

Thanks for the reply man! I may get the same set for my year or maybe just get the blanks. Looking forward to your feedback soon as you get them on.
Got these put on. Sorry for the late post. Wanted to wear these in and have the pads bedded in. So far, very good combination. The pad and rotor combination is very decent for the price. With the pads bedded in, they perform great in the cold, rain, and initial bite for starting off in the day.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
How's the dust so far?

Old 03-06-2016, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
How's the dust so far?
Hey there,

Dust is quite low. The only dust I have noticed really is the dust in the slots of the rotor but as for the area around the pad itself and the inside of the wheel, not much at all. VEry positive results. The previous pads dusted like crazy all the time.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder why its so much cheaper on their ebay store than their website.

Any noise issues?

Old 03-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by kethnguy
I wonder why its so much cheaper on their ebay store than their website.

Any noise issues?
Not sure. More in line to get their name out more and more. Many people purchase from eBay so offering a lower price to keep competitive with the eBay market is a possibility. For noise, they are quite quiet, Little bit of noise when first setting off but that is with initial break in. I am in the process of finishing the 750 mile break in and will post pictures of how they preform and look.

The following 2 users liked this post by CV35Driver:
kethnguy (03-07-2016), r1concepts (07-26-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the update! Sounds like they work great so far. Do you still get the infamous brake judder from time to time? But then again I've heard there's nothing we can do to get rid of that on our cars. Looking forward to some pictures and more thoughts on the setup.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the update! Sounds like they work great so far. Do you still get the infamous brake judder from time to time? But then again I've heard there's nothing we can do to get rid of that on our cars. Looking forward to some pictures and more thoughts on the setup.
Hey there Man. Sorry for the delay with the update.

They do judder from time to time although very rarely.

So far, these brakes are excellent for the price paid .

Thanks!

r1concepts (07-26-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 02:44 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I had r1Concept rotors back in the day and for the money they're a great bargain. Solid company, solid products and I'm glad they're a trusted vendor on Driver. I tell everyone I know that asks about brakes to check them out.

r1concepts (07-27-2016)
Old 07-16-2017, 10:51 AM
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Hey @CV35Driver I'm looking to get new rotors and brakes very soon. How are they holding up now?

Old 07-16-2017, 11:20 AM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Also interested in how the hub area finish is holding up. Any sign of rust yet?

Old 07-25-2017, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by IllaNoizeTV
Hey @CV35Driver I'm looking to get new rotors and brakes very soon. How are they holding up now?
They are holding up pretty good! Have no problems whatsoever and have been daily driving them for a while now. Highly recommend them as they have been perfect for me ever since I got them.

r1concepts (07-25-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Review: R1Concepts Eline Slotted Brake Rotors Full Kit