Front suspension bolts/nuts

Old 08-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Coupe
Front suspension bolts/nuts

Hey,

So I was changing my lower control arm inner bushing on the driver side because it was toast as well as the ball joint. When removing the nuts some of them seemed to cross thread, still under some load, or off angle twist from my breaker bar. I have been trying to locate replacements but all the local autoparts stores have SAE not metric even Brofasco was a wash. I went to the Stealer ship and they cost from $25-$50 a bolt! ack.

Anyway two things, one I had seen a post once with the length, pitch etc of all the suspension bolts but I will be damned if I can find it now

Second has anyone bought replacements before from somewhere than the stealer ship, if so where did ya find em.

TIA

Old 09-16-2016, 06:55 PM
To be blunt buy from dealer two reason why>
I needed some nut for the lower front shock bolt. I could find the size on line but had no way to determine the 'grade rating' of the OEM nut. get the wrong grade and it may fail.
second if you need a 'crushed lock nut' These are almost impossible to find in the size or metric. and if you do find no way to determine grade rating of OEM nut and in many cases the Grade rating of the nut you are buying.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (09-17-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 07:30 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Or find someone who parts the G/Z's out, they'll have buckets of spare bolts/nuts

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (09-17-2016)
Old 09-17-2016, 01:54 PM
Banned
G35 Coupe
I got most of the bolts from the dealer but the bolt/nut for the bottom of the strut through the control arm is no longer stocked/sold by Nissan for the drivers side. I ended up with with an 8 hardness sae bolt and nut with washers, after all button up and took it to the mechanic for Safety/certification he said it was fine and what they have to when oem is not available.

I have read stripping the bolt and nut is common on that part and because it was rusty a/f I see why, I had my floor jack handle on my breaker bar to get it to turn. I may have been able to get a used one from the US but I was on a deadline, had a buddy flying in from Calgary to hit up a car meet, and three track days. Car held up well, no issues.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.