Help me! 07 coupe will not keep an alignment for more than a week!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me! 07 coupe will not keep an alignment for more than a week!

Hi everyone, I have an 07 sport coupe that wont hold and alignment for anything. Ive had the car aligned 4 times in past couple months by 3 different shops. None of the alignment techs can find anything bent or broken, tires are good, wheels arent bent ect. I get the car aligned within spec and literally within a week of driving the steering wheel goes crooked to the right and it pulls to the right, and when I say it pulls I mean it pulls hard, like into the next lane, and the steering wheel hangs to the right about 2in. This is driving me crazy, any help would greatly be appreciated.

Heres a little info on the current suspension setup. Its lowered on 350z eibach prokit springs on 350z shocks (currently saving for coil overs) hotchkis front and rear sway bars and Nismo 370z rays wheels. The car also has RAS.

I know putting lowering springs on stock shocks is a bad idea but I got the setup free and its only temporary. Could a shock or two be blown and hitting a pothole or something knocks the alignment out of spec? Thanks in advance

Last edited by n1smojunkie; 08-14-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by n1smojunkie
This is driving me crazy, any help would greatly be appreciated.

Heres a little info on the current suspension setup. Its lowered on 350z eibach prokit springs on 350z shocks (currently saving for coil overs) hotchkis front and rear sway bars and Nismo 370z rays wheels. The car also has RAS.

I know putting lowering springs on stock shocks is a bad idea but I got the setup free and its only temporary. Could a shock or two be blown and hitting a pothole or something knocks the alignment out of spec? Thanms in advance
Return the vehicle to stock and have the alignment properly done at an Infiniti dealer

If it then fails to hold alignment they will find the problem and fix it.

BTW has the vehicle ever been involved in an accident and have a bent frame?

I got the setup free and its only temporary.
You got what you paid for

Telcoman

Old 08-14-2016, 08:54 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
Return the vehicle to stock and have the alignment properly done at an Infiniti dealer If it then fails to hold alignment they will find the problem and fix it. BTW has the vehicle ever been involved in an accident and have a bent frame?
You got what you paid for Telcoman
N1smojunkie, this guys life must be boring! Stealership employees are parts swappers and couldn't find an alignment problem to save their life! Don't know where you've been taking your G for alignment other than what you mentioned, was it Goodyear...Sears...Pepboys? I had issues for a while finding an alignment shop that knew how to adjust modified suspensions. Find an independent brake/alignment shop in your area, suspension issues are they're specialty. Let them know that you can't keep an alignment and how your car reacts, they'll know what to look for! Chances are good you have worn or broken suspension parts the previous so called mechanics missed!!! Dealership...really?
Gary

Old 08-14-2016, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The car has never been in any accidents, im the second owner. I took it to Les Schwab twice (2 different locations), and a small independent alignment shop. Only thing found what a completely shot left front lower control arm to which I replaced and had it aligned once more. Thanks for the input guys, im going to get coil overs and install them and then get a "final alignment".

Old 08-15-2016, 12:29 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
The car has never been in any accidents, im the second owner. I took it to Les Schwab twice (2 different locations), and a small independent alignment shop. Only thing found what a completely shot left front lower control arm to which I replaced and had it aligned once more. Thanks for the input guys, im going to get coil overs and install them and then get a "final alignment".
If you could post your alignment spec sheet it would be much easier to diagnose. What part of the alignment is going out on the spec sheet?