04 G35X Sedan suspension? Possible lift?! Stock ride? Minimal drop?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 01:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 G35X Sedan suspension? Possible lift?! Stock ride? Minimal drop?

So I just bought a 04 g35x sedan that is currently slammed with some sort of eibach lowering springs. I have a shot front right strut and I'm sure the others are well on their way out after sitting this low for god knows how long. I live in slc UT so we get all four seasons along with a hefty winter. Especially when you work at a ski resort...

I'm looking to upgrade my suspension with a minimal drop if any. Now since I already have lowering springs I would have to either repurchase stock springs and struts or go with some sort of after market spring and strut kit OR go with coilovers. Coilovers are just so easy to install.

I am curious if any coilovers have the ability when fully extended to offer a higher than stock ride. If not that then are there any options that offer stock height? And if not THAT then what are my options that offer a minimal drop?

I know it's odd but I live a very outdoorsy active lifestyle and would prefer a more versatile rally approach to my suspension if possible. Dirt and gravel roads along with tons of snow are the places I go. Most people just tell me to get a Subaru but I have had to many issues with temperamental engines and blown head gaskets and I love everything about my g35x.

I am new to this forum and would appreciate any and all help! I was looking at tanabe, bc, tein, Megan, and quite a few others. Ive read a million other posts but I can't find all the answers I need. HELP ME!

The following users liked this post:
Infiniti_G35x (09-22-2016)
Old 09-22-2016, 11:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
interested to hear what people recommend, im in new Hampshire and there is alot of pot holes and frost heaves and bumpy / unpaved roads

Old 09-23-2016, 03:50 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Kiva.hi

I am curious if any coilovers have the ability when fully extended to offer a higher than stock ride. If not that then are there any options that offer stock height? And if not THAT then what are my options that offer a minimal drop?

I know it's odd but I live a very outdoorsy active lifestyle and would prefer a more versatile rally approach to my suspension if possible. Dirt and gravel roads along with tons of snow are the places I go. Most people just tell me to get a Subaru but I have had to many issues with temperamental engines and blown head gaskets and I love everything about my g35x.

HELP ME!

If it were me for a lot of reasons I would just find someone selling stock X springs and get a set of KYB or comparable OEM replacement shocks. Use the geometry that Nissan engineered into the car to your advantage, they spend millions of dollars in R&D for our cars you know.

Especially since you do a lot of snow and gravel in your journeys I wouldn't lower it a bit. I drive a bone stock 06 GTO as a daily these days and after a 7.5 year journey with a highly modded G the stock Goat is a breath of fresh air, why?

Because LS2.......