Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Engine knocking close to firewall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine knocking close to firewall

Hello everyone

So last night my car started knocking somewhere in the engine/transmission area. The noise is coming from the rear bottom it seems like but I can feel the top of the engine shale/knock also. I have uploaded three videos, to hopefully help in getting proper assistance from you guys. Another thing I want to mention is that I felt some kind of pop or resistance like it was pushing back in the clutch pedal right before this noise started happening. Also this is an after market SMF, and clutch from exedy (stage 1).

Also I don't believe it is the transmission because the noise persists wether the clutch is pressed or not, and if in gear or in neutral. Oddly enough sometimes you cant hear it at idle, and its quiet in rev at low rpm.

Last night, the other night I jacked it up on the passenger side front, and started it. Noise wasn't there. This was lifted about 1 1/2-2 feet.

Thanks all for reading and any ideas or helpful replies.