problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes problem

i have a 2003 G35 coupe with 131,000 miles and my ABS, VDC, and slip light came on and changed my battery and filled my brake fluid and moments later after i start the car about 4-5 mins of driving it the brake gets hard to press down and i feel my brake in the rear are braking dont think its the pads or rotors guessing its the calipers but can it be the wheel sensor cuz all these problems started happening after i got an allignment the same day?

Old 10-19-2016, 12:49 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
More than likely your issues are related to the alignment since they popped up after you got it. Let me guess, you took it to a Firestone, Goodyear, Pep Boys or someplace similar right?

Old 10-19-2016, 06:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took it to sears

Old 10-19-2016, 09:20 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Yep I knew it. Look up a local mechanic either through a friends recommendation or I love Yelp to find new trustworthy businesses in my area. Sears, the places I mentioned above and the chain generic auto shops are filled with sub-standard mechanics who are poorly trained, poorly supervised and on average couldn't care less about your car. Get it done right and whenever possible avoid the dealer. If you find you need dealer help, go to your local Nissan location and avoid Infiniti at all costs. Nissan techs are trained exactly the way Infiniti techs are and Nissan is considerably cheaper than Infiniti. GL with getting your issues fixed.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:21 AM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
I'd try taking it back to Sears first. I took my G to Sears once when I was in a pinch, because I was in the middle of moving and needed new tires put on. I told them the car was staggered and figured I would be good to go. Well, back then I was naive, under warranty, and didn't do any of my own maintenance. Took it to the dealer and they came out and said "You know your tires are staggered right?" Apparently, Sears put my tires on all wrong even after I told them and pointed out how they needed to be installed. Called Sears after I moved and they said SOL you're not near us anymore.

10 years later and now I do EVERYTHING on my own and have learned a lot. Lesson learned that I will pass on to you...don't ever take your car to Sears! lol.

I will have to say I found a good FireStone shop near my house and I have brought three cars for alignments with them and they've been spot on every time. FireStone is hit or miss if you go down the road to the other one it's full of incompetence that try to upsell.

They could have damaged an ABS sensor or something though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.