Reaching Out for Assistance

Old 07-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
G35 Coupe "Sport Package"
Reaching Out for Assistance

is anyone running SPC front camber arm kit with the shims installed and also running a BBK...specifically the OEM G37 BBK.

currently have the SPC kit 72123 installed with shims and looking to add the OEM G37 BBK. want to keep shims installed so car can stay within align specs.

anyone already running this setup and if so, have you had an issues.

looks like a pretty straight bolt up as using both shims should keep the rotor and caliper in proper orientation.

thanks in advance for any assistance.

The following users liked this post:
Fastmodz (08-04-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 06:28 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
You'll be fine as long as your wheels will clear the Akebono's. The camber kit shouldn't have anything to do with the brakes.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
You'll be fine as long as your wheels will clear the Akebono's. The camber kit shouldn't have anything to do with the brakes.
thanks.

running GGames 99B wheels and they clear the template. nice concave 5 spoke design from about 10 years ago.

my concern are the tapered shims I am using that mount to hub and caliper mount.

it all works just fine right now with OEM brakes, so in theory, should be straight bolt up with the OEM G37 BBK.

as long as the rotor and caliper maintain the proper orientation/alignment, which the shims, when both are used, provide...correct?

was told by a vendor where I bought the BBK, that SPC camber kit shims could not be used with the BBK.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:58 AM
looking for anyone who is running SPC front control arm kit installed with shims and the OEM G37 Sport BBK...anyone?

if you are out there, did you have any issues? just looking for confirmation ahead of my install.

thank you in advance.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:06 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Sorry I can't answer that.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Sorry I can't answer that.
no worries. appreciate your help. just looking for someone who is already running this setup. sure there is someone out there. thanks again.

Old 08-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG35R
no worries. appreciate your help. just looking for someone who is already running this setup. sure there is someone out there. thanks again.
Good Luck finding anyone running those calipers, although it is an upgrade! Since you're already using those big azz rotors, I believe you won't have issues with the G37! No matter what brakes you run it will have zero effect on your suspension kit...Gary

Old 08-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Good Luck finding anyone running those calipers, although it is an upgrade! Since you're already using those big azz rotors, I believe you won't have issues with the G37! No matter what brakes you run it will have zero effect on your suspension kit...Gary
really? thought lots of people swapped out the OEM G35 brakes for the OEM Akebono G37 BBK..

this is exactly what myself my mechanic thought as well. as long as everything is in alignment, the control arm kit shims should have no effect on mounting the calipers.

even called SPC and they agreed there should be no issues as long as everything is in proper orientation.

we would know right away after install if it did not work because rotor would not turn freely...would bind on pad.

the place I bought the G37 BBK from said it could not be done and I had to buy new control arms. think they were looking fro a bigger sale. no worries.

thanks for confirming what Blue Dream said and what I already thought.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.