Camber Kit w/ Coilovers Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 09:09 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Dude, there is no way this is a track car. Stick to stock specs.
It doesn't seem that way. Which is why I have stated that for OP's case, the easiest thing to do is just align to OEM specs and call it a day. However, he's asking valid questions so i am merely providing answers. That's what a forum/community is for right? to educate and share good info with other enthusiasts.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Yep, sure hope he doesn’t wear out his tires super early though, as you really have to push the car in stock form before it breaks! My fronts have not done what I told them to maybe... once? The rears are a different story. Maybe I have some toeing to iron out.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:56 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Lots more understeer. You can die. Haha mine is 0.07 front and 0.32 rear.. my ***** floppy af tho. I'm definitely hanging on more around fast turns. My front tires are also 40mm more narrow than the rear tho. Hard to say exactly what yer gonna get. I would get a lifetime alignment and start experimenting.

Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
This.

If you think about the fact that you're essentially creating extreme toe while turning (one tire in, one out), having a bit of toe out will make your car feel more like you're going in a straight line while turning. I wouldn't suggest this, for your daily driver tho. Not unless you are experienced and drive a lot of windy roads. Your steering can snap in either direction much more easily; you're constantly "steering" and correcting your track.

OP, you definitely will need a camber kit front and back and toe bolts in the back. You don't want to set them at 0 camber tho. The camber adjustment on a rack is really just guess work for the dynamic alignment. Dynamic camber being what your car is doing at 55mph. For a great daily driver, I do -1.8 degrees in back and -1 degrees up front. This pretty much covers all bases short or circle tracking. I can carve hills pretty swiftly but also have very even tire wear.
That's an important part. If you are really looking for zero toe, you wouldn't be setting it at zero on a rack, you'd need a little toe in then at speed it'll change closer to zero (if that's what you want).

I too am just about to get a lifetime alignment package. Like what others suggested, I think you should set it all to factory spec. Drive. See how it feels and move forward with small increments till you get the balance between feedback/handling/tire wear that you are happy with.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:22 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If it's just a daily driver for highway traffic I would definitely stick with the stock toe of 1mm in, its designed to keep you tracked forward in a straight line and to be very predictable and safe for highway use.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.