Check out my tire wear: Need Front Camber A-Arms?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Running for his life!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out my tire wear: Need Front Camber A-Arms?

Will after 20kish miles my front tire blew while I was driving. I was wondering why my tires was lost 10lbs of pressure in one week. By just glancing at my tires when they are on my car, they look like new, but I didn't know the inner 2 inch of my tires was so worn they were down to the belts. Have I known, I would have done something to address this issue.

Now is my chance to fix the problem. I just $700 on two front S03's and don't want this to happen again. So I'm trying to figure out what my options are. I've done a search on the best A-Arms to fix the camber, but still don't have a clue which one to get. Which A-Arms do you recommend? Another option is to raise my car up a bit. I currently only have Eibachs Pro springs.

Check out the picture (Pictured is the good tire that did not blow and can still hold air). Tell me what you would do. As you can see in the picture, the tread not even at the warning indicator on the mid to outer side of the tire.
S03 Tires 245/25/20

Attached Thumbnails Check out my tire wear: Need Front Camber A-Arms?-dsc00236.jpg  

Last edited by wreck; 10-25-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Well you could have at least checked up on your tires knowing you were running negative camber. You could just cross rotate your fronts left-right and vice versa by dismounting them and switching them. This way, you will be able to prolong your tire life by having the outside part of the tire that still has thread driven on. Here's how I look at it in terms of camber arms.
Kinetix- Cheap,Noisy, Gets camber to factory specs
Cusco-Cheap,Good quality, gets camber to decent specs, but not close enough to factory.
350EVO-Expensive,high quality, gets camber to stock specs.

Old 10-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
What is your camber angle when it's lowered? Also, how many inches is your drop?

Old 10-25-2005, 04:56 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you have any alignment done after the drop?

Old 10-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Running for his life!!
Originally Posted by BulletproofG35
What is your camber angle when it's lowered? Also, how many inches is your drop?
I can't find my camer angle after I got it alligned. I know I posted it on this board, I'm having a hard time finding it.

I'm not sure how much it dropped. I got the Eibachs in 2003, so I'm guessing it settled down to 1.5 inches

Originally Posted by a2ncharm23
Well you could have at least checked up on your tires knowing you were running negative camber.
Yah I got lazy. Yah I'm thinking of the Cusco or 350EVO. I really want to get it back to spec. I mean if you see my tires, they look brand new, except 2 inches of the inner tire.

Originally Posted by afr0puff
Did you have any alignment done after the drop?.
Yep, I did get an alignment. For the fronts the toe was to spec, but the camber was not. I can't remember what it was at, pretty much the same as everyone else on this board with eibachs.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
very common with cambered cars. i think the 350Evo's have better adjustability than the Cusco. many flip the tires every 4k miles or so too depending on how they drive.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:43 PM
I flipped my tires at 9k and got 20k out of my tires. 350evo have way better adjustability than my cuscos, but then again, they cost twice as much.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i had serious wear issues on my front tires after i lowered my car. There was something like 2.1 degrees of camber in the front. You could see easily that the front tires were angled. i just had cusco A arms installed last week and the fronts look 10 times better. i havent had the time to go in and get an alignment done, but from the looks of it, i would guess that i am roughly at about 1.2 degree of negative since my fronts look less angled than my 1.5 rears. again this is all observation and i could be wrong since i am eyeballing it.

Like others have said, the cusco arms dont offer much adjustability in the ways of adding positive camber, but they are way cheaper than anything else out there. its a high quality piece, and from what i can tell it was good enough to get my fronts to a more reasonable degree. From what i have seen, the cusco arms will take off anywhere between .5 and .8 degrees of camber at its most positive setting.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Running for his life!!
I think my front camber was only at 1.7 in the front. Visually it didn't look to bad, but there was really nothing I could have done in '03.

I think I'm going to opt for 350evo a-arms(ouch $$$). I saw some post that people got it for $803. Besides 350EVO itself, were can I buy these arms?

Old 10-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Running for his life!!
I just ordered the 350evo arms. What the hell, they are an investment.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
huh... my car has -1.8 camber on the front and the tires are wearing flat. check your toe angles.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by kenchan
huh... my car has -1.8 camber on the front and the tires are wearing flat. check your toe angles.
Hmmm certainly check the toe, but between you two, you have sway bars for added role control, he does not. And perhaps he takes tighter inner city corners often where the car's high caster level's are inducing addtional camber levels that adds to the problem. I can say I did see addtional front inner tire wear because of addition front roll angles when I tested the rear bar only mod theory.

Old 10-27-2005, 12:23 AM
Running for his life!!
interesting comments. I'll get another alignment before I get my A-arms and another alignment after they are installed. Not sure how long it will take for it to get here.

I'll like to add though that my car vibrates at 75mph. Steering wheel is shaking. This happens with my stock rims and after market rims. So maybe a toe is off causing this vibration?

Sucks all this is happening right before property tax is due.. SOB.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yah, that is very possible.

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
Hmmm certainly check the toe, but between you two, you have sway bars for added role control, he does not. And perhaps he takes tighter inner city corners often where the car's high caster level's are inducing addtional camber levels that adds to the problem. I can say I did see addtional front inner tire wear because of addition front roll angles when I tested the rear bar only mod theory.

Not sure about this vibration problem. id think check wheel balance
but you get it on both factory and OE wheels. hummm... might be
just coincidence. You might want to try re-balancing them on a
Hunter Roadforce.

Old 10-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Running for his life!!
Went to an alignment shop to see if they can align my toe on my fronts, they wanted $90, so I declined and said I wait until Monday when I get all my parts.

We did have a discussion about the vibration and he said if the wheel balance is okay, it's probably all the bushing and linkage on the infiniti's. He mention he see it all the time with infiniti's and just tell the customer to go to the dealer to address the issue. He mentions that the car toes out when driving or when turn our car, the it takes a while before the opposite tire turns in causing wear.

As for rebalancing my wheels with a Hunter Roadforce machine, I'll give that shot after everything is all installed. After doing a search on "vibration" (Kenchan, you always respond in those threads 'rebalance them on a Hunter' hahaha), it seems it only solved a few cases of vibration. So I guess my journey maybe a long one to resolve the vibration issue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Check out my tire wear: Need Front Camber A-Arms?