HKS RS Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 03:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Will Pwr
Actually your incorrect, the HKS HM RS are adjustable in both ride height and stiffness...in fact, the HKS HM RS are 30 way adjustable where as the Tein Flex are only 16 way.
No. I was talking about spring preload adjustability. Not rebound/compression adjustability. The Flex can adjust the shock body length(and thus the height) without affecting the spring preload. The RS coilovers do not have that feature. If you adjust the height on the RS, you will affect the spring preload as well.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by dklau33
No. I was talking about spring preload adjustability. Not rebound/compression adjustability. The Flex can adjust the shock body length(and thus the height) without affecting the spring preload. The RS coilovers do not have that feature. If you adjust the height on the RS, you will affect the spring preload as well.
Yeah, I miss read your post, I thought you were clumping the aspect of hieght adjustability and spring preload. The HKS HM peformers and up have the adjustment without affecting spring preload.

Regardless, the Teins are still a twin tube shock over HKS's monotube.

Old 11-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Will Pwr
Personally, I believe construction is the root of the performance of a product. A Monotube shock will perform better than a Twin tube shock. Will they both offer the same general function? yes...but one will be better than the other....though I might be biased..but hands down, I would go with the HKS....thats all that I would and have used on all my cars.....now and before my affiliation with HKS.

We've actually seen a major race team step down from monotube construction back to twin tube for the following reason. I didn't have the conversation, so the following is a quote.

"I had a conversation with tckline who switched from the 28 series(monotube koni) to the twin tube konis on his T2 car. He told me that he found that the 28 series didn't work well with the stock rubber bushings. Most of us are not entering endurance races but rather are running 20 minute lapping sessions. Also keep in mind that shock oils have come a long way and are not as prone to overheating and cavitation as they used to be which lessens the need for high pressure nitrogen."

Old 11-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by Gsedan35
We've actually seen a major race team step down from monotube construction back to twin tube for the following reason. I didn't have the conversation, so the following is a quote.

"I had a conversation with tckline who switched from the 28 series(monotube koni) to the twin tube konis on his T2 car. He told me that he found that the 28 series didn't work well with the stock rubber bushings. Most of us are not entering endurance races but rather are running 20 minute lapping sessions. Also keep in mind that shock oils have come a long way and are not as prone to overheating and cavitation as they used to be which lessens the need for high pressure nitrogen."
There may be a few that have stepped down, but still the majority is swearing by monotube....you can even take example of Teins higher models, HA, HR, etc.., are monotube.

This is not to stay that twin tubes arent good, they are just a lower cost option.