Rear camber arms. Do i need them? Or just toe bolts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 02:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear camber arms. Do i need them? Or just toe bolts?

I ruined my rear tires after about 5k due to my toe and camber being way off after my G s-techs. I got an alignment and they told me it wasnt factory settings but it was close, well it wasnt. So i have been looking to fix my rear camber and toe issue and have come to the conclusion that all i need are the toe bolts.

During my search i kept finding the rear camber arms made by spc and stillen. Do i need these too? What exactly do they do? And i thought i saw somewhere that people with springs cant use them? Plz shed some light on these rear camber arms for me, thanks guys.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Their's a catch when it comes to adjusting camber on these cars. As you dial out neg camber, it effect's your toe settings. So as you remove negitive camber it also removes a certain amount of toe in. Your best bet it to buy the SPC camber arm/toe bolt kit, you'll need two kit's btw one per side.

Here's a excellent how to for the installing the toe cam bolts.

http://members.***.net/chadisrad/SPC.pdf

I have to ask, you were certain that the rear was set ok, only to find out that the shop didn't know what they were talking about. Are you REALLY sure that the front is ok?

Old 12-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Front is at least wearing even. Can i get away with just toe bolts? Im still confused exactly what the camber arms do? Is their purpose only for adjusting the camber?

Old 01-30-2006, 12:36 PM
I think what he was trying to say was when toe is adjusted, the camber is also affected. You can try using just the toe bolts and see if that works for you. If when adjusting the toe it throws the camber out of wack, then you will need the camber arms as well. I would avoid this by purchasing both at the same time as you will be paying for alignment labor at the alignment shop each time (unless you happen to know someone that works there) . Hope this helps. You can checkout the SPC kit at www.camberkit.com You can purchase just the toe bolts if you decide to go that route.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by IAPDirect.com
I think what he was trying to say was when toe is adjusted, the camber is also affected. You can try using just the toe bolts and see if that works for you. If when adjusting the toe it throws the camber out of wack, then you will need the camber arms as well. I would avoid this by purchasing both at the same time as you will be paying for alignment labor at the alignment shop each time (unless you happen to know someone that works there) . Hope this helps. You can checkout the SPC kit at www.camberkit.com You can purchase just the toe bolts if you decide to go that route.
got couple questions for you peter, went on the spc website and the parts they have available were the camber arms w/ toe bolts (72050) and just the toe bolts (72055). as it states on the website, both will adjust camber, the 72050 just have more range in camber than the 72055, right? is that's the only difference? here are the websites:

camber arm w/ bolts (72050):http://www.specprod.com/PROD_DIR/C_P...d2=72050&cmd3=
just the bolts (72055):http://www.specprod.com/PROD_DIR/C_P...d2=72055&cmd3=

so if my rear camber is within -3 degrees after lowering, i can just purchase the bolts, right?

thanks in advance,
benjamin

Old 02-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by bww1980
got couple questions for you peter, went on the spc website and the parts they have available were the camber arms w/ toe bolts (72050) and just the toe bolts (72055). as it states on the website, both will adjust camber, the 72050 just have more range in camber than the 72055, right? is that's the only difference? here are the websites:

camber arm w/ bolts (72050):http://www.specprod.com/PROD_DIR/C_P...d2=72050&cmd3=
just the bolts (72055):http://www.specprod.com/PROD_DIR/C_P...d2=72055&cmd3=

so if my rear camber is within -3 degrees after lowering, i can just purchase the bolts, right?

thanks in advance,
benjamin
Ben,

The difference is the amount of adjustment and ease of installation/adjustment. If you are within the specs of the 72055 kit and do not mind the extra labor for the install, then you can go for the bolt kit. The only other difference is the camber arms are easier for the alignment shop to adjust than the bolts. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:29 PM
got cha, thanks for the info...now i'm just waiting to see how their front a-arms turn out.

benjamin