LOOK!!! what i got today~~~

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ any pics of the GT-Spec subframe connector?

Old 01-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here you go..

Last edited by Julian; 04-23-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:33 AM
just curious, approximately how much do those extra bars weigh? I personally would like to keep the weight of the car down.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
We installed the items and it looked HAWT!!!We also testfittedthe GT-Spec subframe connector and it fit perfect!!
by the looks of the pics, on a 350Z. have you test fitted them on a G35?

Old 01-15-2006, 02:36 AM
How much of a positive effect does the GT-spec braces have on the G? I ask because I've always heard that the G/Z both have really rigid structures. Is what I've heard wrong and our chassis's need more rigidity?

Old 01-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by spdzone
just curious, approximately how much do those extra bars weigh? I personally would like to keep the weight of the car down.
They are pretty light, made from aluminum..I would say all four bars are under 15lbs..

Old 01-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by 636Racer
by the looks of the pics, on a 350Z. have you test fitted them on a G35?
Yes, we test fitted them on "thepanic"s car yesterday, he was the original topic starter and he has the pictures on his camera, the pictures I posted were from an 03 350Z.The panic owns a 2005 G35 and it fit perfect..I am sure he will post the pictures soon.

WWW.RACEMRC.COM
For your 350z/G35 performance needs.
Authorized Turbo XS UTEC distributors
Authorized Dyno Dynamics load based tunning facility comming 3/06!!
Authorizes Greddy Dealer/Installer
Authorized GTSPEC dealer
Authorized Unlimited Tuning Revolution dealer
Authorized Speed Force Racing Dealer

Email: Sales@racemrc.com
AIM: salesmrc
Phone: 732-251-8200
Mobile: 732-558-4560
MRC MOTORSPORTS
116 Main St.
Spotswood NJ 08884

Old 01-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers
How much of a positive effect does the GT-spec braces have on the G? I ask because I've always heard that the G/Z both have really rigid structures. Is what I've heard wrong and our chassis's need more rigidity?
There have been some people that claim they have experiences fram flex and posted pictures of two little dimples in the roof line towards the rear of the car.I do not know of any "proof" that this actually occured nor has Nissan North America admitted to it as being an issue.We have also experiences slight cracking of the aluminum subframe on 2 of our high HP shop cars and one other customers car. The aluminum subframe in the rear of the car must have been taking a beating from launching on slicks all the time..We are currently investigating the cause and a fix for the issue on our cars.We do dnot know if it is a widespread problem or not..
As for the effectiveness of the GT subframe bars, I have heard of no independant testing to prove that they do or dont do anything

Old 01-15-2006, 02:40 PM
got some pics of GT SPEC bars... and...

here are some pics of gt spec's brace bars...

i was gonna install them all but i have to clear this issue out first... then i will try it...
GT spec said rear lateral brace bar doesn't fit to G35C but it did yesterday... so MRC guys installed rear lateral brace bar as i requested...

but... here is another issue...
couple of hours after i installed them all tick tick sounds comes from rear suspension... and i really bothers me...
right after they installed them, i testdrove it and let them know the tick tick sound comes from rear... and while one of MRC guys testdrove my car... we couldn't hear anything... it's so weird...
so while i was on the way back home, i turned off cd and closed windows, tried to focus on the sound from rear... then i defintely heard tick tick sound come from the rear suspension, it's getting louder... so now, i can hear everytime i pass by the bumps... and little harsh road...
i know springs and other stuff takes a week to settle down... but this is not a normal sound from new coilovers... or brace bars might make weird sounds...
i'm not sure anything yet so i have to go to MRC soon to check them...
i just want to let u guys know that the results from the installation of GTSPEC tie brace bars and TEIN CS coilovers...

Old 01-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Another question. Do those braces reduce ground clearance underneath the car? In the pics it looks as though they would. I ask because I'd like to get those braces but the path to my underground parking lot is a squeeze as is. I barely rub my exhuast pipe right below the shifter area. If this setup reduces ground clearance then I'll probably not be able to make the trip down into my garage. The big crossmember part you have underneath the shifter area and the one large lateral piece under the differential look like they would eat up on ground clearance severly. Could you please give me some info on this? Thanks.

Old 01-15-2006, 03:15 PM
By the way, from the pics it looks like that one lateral brace underneath your differential doesn't have enough clearance and could be making contact with your exhaust pipe. That could be the reason your hearing some noises when you go on rough roads or bumps. It looks awfully close to that pipe.

Old 01-16-2006, 02:48 AM
as u can see...
lateral bar really close to exhaust pipe... this could be another reason why tick tick sound comes from rear...
i will try gtspec and mrc tommorow to get some clues and also i will post the result... so that everybody here knows that lateral bar for Z doesn't work or does work with G35C...

Old 01-16-2006, 02:56 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
i am on the verge of getting the Tein CS kit for my coupe. from what i've seen on different websites, it says it has minimal adjustibility (Front: 0.6 - 1.4; Rear: 0.4 - 1.0). Can you verify this. Pics would help. I plan on getting 20s, and my goal is to tuck 1/2 inch of tire both in front and back. will this be possible with Tein CS??? thank you

Old 01-16-2006, 03:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ can you notice any difference in handling/ride with that GT-Spec subframe chassis?.....how are the TEIN CS?...how low are you on CS?

Old 01-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by thepanic
as u can see...
lateral bar really close to exhaust pipe... this could be another reason why tick tick sound comes from rear...
i will try gtspec and mrc tommorow to get some clues and also i will post the result... so that everybody here knows that lateral bar for Z doesn't work or does work with G35C...
Any new info??

Just to be clear... the tie bars, and the mid chasis brace fits... the only question is the lateral bar? As for the chasis brace, did it bolt right on, or was there any drilling that had to be done to mount it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LOOK!!! what i got today~~~