coupe lowered with H&R springs <pix> <alignment results> suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry my previous statement was referring to the front axle only.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by L454
Sorry my previous statement was referring to the front axle only.
do you mind telling me what is your answer based on?

Old 01-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Its off the 2005 G35 Coupe service manual. I have a printed copy of the entire manual. And yes the rear camber and toe are adjustable on the G.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:34 AM
ooh ic, thanks a lot. that really helped.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:31 PM
The camber/toe is adjustable but only to a small amount. If you can get within factory specs, don't worry. However, if you are not or want to get the best life out of your tires, definitely consider a camber/toe kit. Hope this helps.

Old 01-31-2006, 07:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Factory specs are overly broad to avoid warranty claims..........the midpoint between the extremes is ideal.
Always measure with your weight in drivers seat as the camber will change as body sinks.

Camber caster should be side to side equal within 0.25 degrees less is better.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Q45tech
Factory specs are overly broad to avoid warranty claims..........the midpoint between the extremes is ideal.
Always measure with your weight in drivers seat as the camber will change as body sinks.

Camber caster should be side to side equal within 0.25 degrees less is better.
Thanks for the heads up. But I'd like to clarify how do I make the camber and caster side to side equal? THe caster is around 8.x degrees while camber is around 1.x-2.x degree.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Mod Junky!
How how about a 2 week review? I am sure teh car has settled now. i am reading that most people think the H&R settle to more of a drop then they state? What are your thoughts does it look lower then the 1.1 they advertise? How is teh quality of teh ride now compared to stock?

Old 02-02-2006, 10:49 AM
yea sure. The springs are settled. It has been 2.5 weeks since installation now.

I have not done exact before/after measurements, but I can say with a good degree of certainty that the H&R springs dropped the front slightly more than 1.1" as specified, more like 1.3". The rear dropped approx 1" (stock I can fit 3 fingers, now I can fit 1). THe extra drop in the front made the car look slightly lower at the front, and in some degree, slightly imbalanced drop, though it does look agressive. I have not scrape the bumper itself but from time to time I scrap the plastic underneath and behind the 06' bumper.

Ride: bumpier, sportier, firmer, better cornering stability, road imperfection more pronounce. (comparing to sport package sport suspension)

H&R manufacture listed their Sport springs for the g35 to drop 1.1"/1" , I saw this on their brousher that my car shop has.
THere are no sqeaks from the springs as someone has experienced with Tein springs.

Old 02-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Are you planning to put some shock into it!??!

Old 02-02-2006, 08:33 PM
nope

Old 02-02-2006, 10:19 PM
even if i get tein basics or other coilovers, i'll still need camber kit if I decide to go this low.

Old 02-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Well, I can tell you that I lowered my coupe with the Tein S springs, which put me much closer to the ground (about 1.5"). With some icey chrome 20's and new tires, I was very happy. No gap from the top of my tires to the wheel well. Life was good.

When I got it aligned, camber front and rear was miserable. Completely retarded. Even with symetrical settings left to right, the car pulled to the right some. But, I figured this was the price I pay for dropping my car. I turned a blind eye to the notion of any suspension kits. (Oh, I wish I could go back in time.)

Fast forward ~18K miles and my rear tires were SHOT. Brother, when I say shot, I mean thru the cords on the rear tires' inside edge. Levitation was the only thing keeping my wheels off the asphalt. The only reason I caught this before the tires blew out was my monkey-butt just getting lucky.

So, I purchased the SPC rear camber/toe kit. New tires on the back (+1K$) and the rear is good to go. Note: The butt-end of the G used to get squirly on me over bumps, but no more. Final verdict, get the rear camber toe kit. It's worth the investment.

Now, you kids are wondering about my front end... of my car, naturally. Yeah, the camber is stupid on it right now -- out of whack to the tune of nearly 3 degrees. (I don't have my alignment at my disposal right now, otherwise I'd be more precise.) With butterflies in my stomach, I check my front tires every other day for wear. Today, I am biting the bullet because my front tires are done for. They survived my rear tires by a little more than 1K miles, but I am not letting them wear to an unsafe state. I'm still thanking the Infiniti Gods that watch over me -- I'm assuming they are the ones who kept my rear tires from shredding on me while going down the highway. That would have been a catastrophy, brothers. Could have cost a brother his life, man.

The reason I stumbled upon this thread is I need to solve my front camber problem. I've researched front arms and that looks like the way to go. I don't know who I'll chose yet, but I'll try to follow up with some more info.

Summary -- if you drop your G35, there is not very much room to get your alignment correct without the use of camber/toe kits. Learn this before you eat your tires!!! Otherwise, you'll be like me, have to buy new rubber all the way around (no cheep endeavour) AND THEN have to buy the suspension components too!

Okay, then.
Mike

Last edited by Eskimo; 02-10-2006 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Wrong info!
Old 02-10-2006, 05:31 PM
thanks for sharing your experience. Yea, i'd imagine with nearly 3 degress negative on the front, it'd wear VERY fast. BY how much is your rear camber off?

My camber problem is milder than yours, about -2 degrees at the front and rear.

I'd like to get front camber arms as well, but they're expensive as h3ll!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: coupe lowered with H&R springs <pix> <alignment results> suggestions?