What's the best OEM Brake Pad upgrade for 04 Sedan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the best OEM Brake Pad upgrade for 04 Sedan?

What's the best OEM Brake Pad upgrade for 04 Sedan? I'm looking for something provide the same performance of the OEM PAD but less squeal, longer life spend and low dust of course and doesn't cost me an arm or leg. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Old 01-24-2006, 10:53 AM
I have an 03 sedan. I just ran out of brake warranty and have switched to the akebono ceramic brake pads. I am also using new oem rotors. I would say that I have about 500 miles on these pads. There is no dust. I can drive for 2-3 weeks and the front wheels are just as clean as the back wheels! No squealing, but every once in a while I hear a quick little squeak. Probably heard it two times so far. The brakes do feel a little different. Not grabby at low speeds like the OEM pads. Some people would say that the brakes have a progressive feel. I think the stopping ability is just fine for the day to day driving that I do. But it is a different feel, something that I got used to after about 100 miles.

Not sure how long they will last or if they are hard on the rotors. Time will tell. At this point in time, I like them way better than the stock pads...

Akebono makes OEM pads for many cars. They also get pretty good reviews on tirerack.com.

Good luck!

Old 01-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone tried the Nismo R pads?

Old 02-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Bump!

Originally Posted by johnadlertech
Has anyone tried the Nismo R pads?
Bump!!! I'm also looking at Endless Super Street Sports-S pads

http://www.endlessusa.com/products/indexSub.php?id=4

Went through several sites and visited a local auto shop about pricing. Seems all the places have it pegged at ~$180 for each pair. The guy at the shop also said that margins were low and he didn't know many places that carried it in stock ready to ship. He said any online order of Endless products will be backordered. Anyone have similar views regarding Endless? Any recommendations on e-tailers with decent pricing and quick shipping?

As for the Nismo R-tune pads, are these strictly track use pads? From the limited specs I've seen it doesn't seem so, but Nismo has a blanket disclaimer on all R-tune parts saying that R-tune products are for off-highway/track use. Wondering if these pads are streetable or have heat characteristics that require it to be at a relatively high temperatures for it to be effective and compromise regular street use.

I'm looking for pads that can cater to regular spirited use on the streets with capability for occasional use on the tracks. I've seen encouraging reviews on the Endless Vita Nuova, but it seems more suited to the tame than spirited use.

Thanks!

Old 02-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I did my homework on this, as I'm going to be replacing my '04 OEM pads this spring when I get my aftermarket wheels....this brake dust is KILLING ME!!!!! Anyways, I'm going for the Hawk HPS street pads (tire rack sells them, but I'm getting them for $125 shipped for all 4 pads from someone else). Another option is the Metal Matrix pads.

Originally Posted by m500
What's the best OEM Brake Pad upgrade for 04 Sedan? I'm looking for something provide the same performance of the OEM PAD but less squeal, longer life spend and low dust of course and doesn't cost me an arm or leg. Any suggestion? Thanks.