Project Mu Brembo Brake Pad Install.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2006 | 05:26 PM
|
G SQUAD
Project Mu Brembo Brake Pad Install.

First off, I just wanted to tell you guys that if your rotors look good and there is no cuts in them and no grooves, you have NO EXCUSE for not doing your own brake pad change!

Ok, with that said, its as simple as this....take off wheel, pull two cotter pins, remove two cross pins, compress brake pad and piston back into calipers, pull out brake pads, remove shim from old pad, wash (shims and calipers), dry, use "stop squeek" to adhere to the new pads, wait 10 mins, slip back in, pop two cross pins back in and put in cotter pins.
http://www.g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=31
https://g35driver.com/forums/florida-g-club/92495-my-brembo-pad-replacement.html

Now, that's overly simplified, but it REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE. I'm attaching the threads I referred to in doing the install, but it came out PERFECT and these brake pads are far superior to the Brembo pads.

First of all, brake dust is nothing! Not like the Brembo OEM's which put down SERIOUS dust. The dust on the Mu pads are also silver! They don't make the wheels look good or anything, but they blend better. Dust output is also seriously diminished.

Ok, asthetically, they're cool, but how do they perform? Fortunately, I had the opportunity last spring when the brakes had loads of meat on them, to do some "panic stops." I didn't take an exact measurement, but I hit the brakes at the same point each time and noted where I came to rest. I was basically testing the ABS versus natural foot modulation. (ABS wins.)

Anyway, I did it a bunch of times hoping to heat up the Brembos to test the fade....they never faded, so that test was a ...failure?

Just tested my Project Mu brakes yesterday, same spot, same weather, different results. The Mu brakes stopped noticably sooner. Last year I stopped with my body next to a tree, this time I was feet before the tree. Call it 10 feet consistantly.

Overall, I'd say that I'm so damn happy with the brakes that I had to tell you guys about them. No, I don't endorse them, I get no benefit from telling you about them, I'm just passing on the word like Diesel1 did for me.

You can find their stuff at www.projectNissan.com.

Old 04-08-2006 | 05:56 PM
Which mu's did you put on...I put on my type ns first and I have a set of the b-force ready when these wear out. I went from hawks to the mu's and my car stops so much better now...

Old 04-08-2006 | 11:09 PM
even if your rotors are fudged they are easy as hell to take off. Then drive to any machine shop and have them turn them.

good write up though

Old 04-09-2006 | 05:41 AM
I have the NS pads and they squeel all to hell!

Old 04-09-2006 | 07:01 AM
mine dont squeal at all...did u use the brake quiet stuff on the back of the pads

Old 04-09-2006 | 11:14 AM
i just put on project mu b-force pads for my non-brembo with oem rotor...so far it has been great. I have to wait a few week to see how much dust this thing have.

Old 04-10-2006 | 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by 98intrigue
I have the NS pads and they squeel all to hell!
Mine dont squeak either. The only times they may is in reverse after teh car has sat overnight. Try more anti-squeal/grease. Also, make sure they are properly bedded.

Old 04-10-2006 | 03:19 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
The thread from G-owners has been there for a while, but thought that someone should put a similar thread on our site. Thank you for including my thread Though I used Hawk HPS, I have heard of some complaining of noise with those as well. With the bit of sanding of the rotors to remove some of the old brake material and the brake quite goo my brakes have not made a sound.

Old 04-10-2006 | 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by g35rcr
mine dont squeal at all...did u use the brake quiet stuff on the back of the pads
I've applied the red Brake Quiet twice now. I never did bed the brakes though...could that honestly be the problem? People keep saying that, but it just doesn't seem logical. And if bedding the brakes does work, is it too late to do it on my brakes that have roughly 5,000 miles on them?

Old 04-10-2006 | 04:27 PM
The only other thing it could be is that your rotors are slightly warped or you may have some debris (small pebble) caught in there.

Old 04-10-2006 | 04:29 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
The stoptech site even says that brakes can un-bed themselves if you don't use the high performance pads enough to sufficiently heat them up. Try going through the bedding process listed on some brake manufactures sites. If that does not work....when my stock brembos squeaked i went out and did a few near threshold stops from 65 or so down to 20...noise stopped.

Old 04-11-2006 | 02:37 PM
Good timing. I am due for a front pad replacement and did not want to go w/stock. I ordered these from Project Nissan and waiting for them to come in.

Old 04-11-2006 | 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
The only other thing it could be is that your rotors are slightly warped or you may have some debris (small pebble) caught in there.
I replaced the stock Brembo rotors/pads with Brembo slotted brakes and the Project MU pads...so the rotors can't be warped.

I guess I'll try the bedding process tongiht...if that doesn't work, i don't know what to do.

Attached Thumbnails Project Mu Brembo Brake Pad Install.-bumper-083.jpg  

Last edited by 98intrigue; 04-11-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-13-2006 | 12:30 AM
i have the same problem with my brakes but i used hawk hps... i kinda threw out my shims with my oem brakes.. you think that is causing the squeeking?

Old 04-13-2006 | 07:37 PM
is there another place to get Project MU pads because www.projectNissan.com is really SLOW

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project Mu Brembo Brake Pad Install.