Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

G35 @ Public Auctions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 07:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 @ Public Auctions

For some reference, I live in southern california.
I was wondering if you guys can answer some of my questions.

I'm looking for a used 2003 g35 coupe for as low as possible. The usual used price on this car online that i've seen is around 23-24k.

I have a friend who purchased a lexus gs400 for extremely cheap price at a public auction (repossessed or what not). He got it about 40% off the retail price. He recommended that i check it out.

1) Does anyone know of any major public auto auctions in so cal?
2) Does anyone have experience purchasing from auto auctions and recommend for or against buying from them?
3) Is there any other places to buy extremely cheap g35s?
4) Any other comments would be appreciated?

I have a feeling it is a rare chance that i'll spot any g35's at these auction but i'm not in a rush and is willing to wait around for a lucky opportunity.

Thanks!

Last edited by skyxliner; 11-06-2006 at 07:09 AM.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I paid a friend at a dealer to get me the G35 I wanted. He got it from one of the auction listed on manheim.com.

I wanted a Red G35 with Black interior, Fully loaded, etc. There weren't any around back when I wanted it (jan 06).

I ended up paying $26,500 (including the $900 fee for him) + taxes for an 03 G35c 5AT with all the packages (premium, sport performance, Aero, etc.) at 36,700 miles. This counts as a dealer purchase because all the paper work is from the dealer. But his source is from the auction.

The car still carry full warranty, etc. from Infiniti.

The price at the time was equal to Private party price + taxes. It wasn't the best deal, but it's an okay deal. I'm glad I got this car, it's a very solid car with strong motor and other good stuffs. There are some misc. exterior imperfections that I wish I paid more attention to when I bought it (wheel curbs, and scratches on the rear bumper).

So one piece of advice, check it out thoroughly before you buy it. Meanwhile, it's a great source to get a good used car. Mine was a lease from Chase Financial, so no accidents, etc.

Also, patient is the key. I was very impatient as I was in need of a car. If I waited for couple more weeks, I could've get a better car for lower milage and about 2-3K less.