Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Returning A Lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Returning A Lease

Have any of you guys ever returned a lease early? I'm currently leasing a Nissan and really want to lease the G37 when it comes out but the lease isn't up till may of 2008.

Thanks
Lyfeis

Old 08-01-2007, 10:30 AM
I had a co-worker that returned her lease early and she ended up paying a ton of money to actually get the car that she wanted. Didn't get into all the money issues but I would suggest you calling the dealer you leased it from and asking what options you have. They should be able to give you what you need and steer you in the right direction.

Hope that kinda helps....

Old 08-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks. I actually did that and they have no problem taking it back for another Nissan lease. I'm not sure but I think Nissan and Infiniti have the same leasing company. If thats the case, I dont think it should be a problem. I hope not.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:54 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
wait a little. Let them release G37 out into a public and work out all the flaws in it then get it.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:10 PM
You might want to ask this question over at leasecompare.com.

My understanding is that you can use your current car as a trade-in, as long as it's worth more than what you still owe on your lease. Get your lease pay-off from the leasing company, and get the car's current trade-in value. See how they compare to one another and decide what to do from there.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boink

My understanding is that you can use your current car as a trade-in, as long as it's worth more than what you still owe on your lease. Get your lease pay-off from the leasing company, and get the car's current trade-in value. See how they compare to one another and decide what to do from there.
It doesnt matter wheather its worth more or less than you owe, it work same as when you financed, if its worth less? you could either pay the difference out of your pocket or roll them into your next contract (depends on your credit worthness).

To OP, You are not return it early, you are either trade it in or to sell it out right, the dealer isnt "take it back" they actually pays it off and start an new contract, just like when you traded a financed car, it works the same.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Boink

This is true. I traded my '04 leased G35coupe. The Toyota dealer paid off Infiniti Financing and put the extra $4k down on the new car. If I was upside down, they could have added to the sales price of the new car.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:08 PM
can you let me kno if they try to rape you for dents or scratches or any way they could pull more money out of you.. because i never leased but i herd when its time to bring the baby back i herd all dealerships are hard on you

Old 08-08-2007, 12:05 AM
I just got my car appraised. I lease a Nissan Altima SE-R (2 years old), that was in pretty good shape. The interior was immaculate, but had some body damage. None of it is very noticable unless you sit there and stare at your car really hard. Regardless, I was pretty nervous as to how much they were going to bill me. I had one of my forged rims scratched pretty bad all the way around, a very small portion of the window frame on the driver side pulled back due to someone trying to break into my car with a screw driver, and my front fender was slighty bent in (nothing serious) due to someone backing into me. All in all, I would have to pay only $400 to fix. The guy told me that Nissan/Infiniti are very generous when inspecting their lease cars and try to minimize their charges as they want to keep your business and lease with them again. If you choose to stay with Nissan/Infiniti, they will waive up to $500 in damages on your prior lease. I'm hoping to get into a G35 soon and avoid paying that $400!