Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

What are the possible common hidden fees for leasing??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the possible common hidden fees for leasing??

Hello Guys..

It's my first time to lease 08 G35. Can you please give me some suggestions to avoid the common leasing hidden fees in the signing leasing contract. Thanks

Old 03-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Red face

Originally Posted by w2870612
Hello Guys..

It's my first time to lease 08 G35. Can you please give me some suggestions to avoid the common leasing hidden fees in the signing leasing contract. Thanks
I wouldn’t worry so much about the hidden fees. The hidden fees can get you but what can really hurt is not knowing enough about how leasing works. For example someone posted what seemed like an incredible lease payment that anyone would have jumped on in a heart beat. It turns out that the lease was open ended. That meant that if the car was worth less than what they said it was then you would have to pay many thousands of dollars to turn the car back into them at the end of the lease.

My 05 is already worth a couple of thousand dollars less than the residual and I have 6 months left on it and I am way UNDER my mileage. The G35 is not holding its value as well as Infiniti is predicting! You can use that to your advantage in a lease though. Just lease the car when the residual is highest and then hand them the keys when the lease is over. They will take the hit on the car instead of you.

Basically go in there with 6 numbers in mind. These numbers are a lease term(36 months is the sweat spot but 39 months is not too bad), a selling price of the car(Should be less than $500 over Invoice), a downpayment(This should be zero $ see below for reasons why), a residual value(about 59% for 36 months on G35s, varies month to month and by how many miles allotted), a money factor(last month the base MF was an incredible .00167 for 36 months), and a number of miles per month allowed. Tell them you don’t want to talk about payments or a trade-in. You only want to talk about those 6 factors.

The big thing is that they can get you by saying ok we can give you a great payment but it is 39 months instead of 36 months, or he is this awesome payment but it is only 10K miles per year! Both of those deals might give you the payment you want but you are loosing money because they have changed the factors involved.

You also do not want to put money down! If you put a couple thousand down then you can reduce your monthly payment considerably. However, if you crash the car during the lease or if you trade your lease to someone else you have just lost that entire down payment. Instead do security deposits if they offer them. Security Deposits are refundable at the end of the lease. Those are the best way to reduce your money factor.

Going back to your original question, yes they can put in hidden fees like dealer fees, bank fees, added accessories, extra warranties, free service, or free back massages! Personally, I would deny all of them. I just want the car the way it is. I guarantee I can find those for less than Infiniti is actually charging me.

Your best bet is to read up on leasecompare.com and then plug the numbers you want into http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm. Just print out the final page from leaseguide.com and take that into dealer. Tell them that if they can do that deal then you will sign on the spot. Otherwise you will just go to another dealer that will.

Last edited by mpgxsvcd; 03-03-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Dude what a great post! I'm interested in leasing also. I've been doing my research already but damn what a big help. Does leasecompare have the newest money factors? How do you figure what's a good money factor?

Old 03-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Leasecompare's information is limited.

If you're in so-cal, come visit me. Otherwise, send me a PM and I'll look over any deal quotes you have and tell you where you have room to improve.

As far as residuals, thats exactly what they're for. You walk away at the end of the lease and let Infiniti take the loss

06 and older sedans, and 07 and older coupes are all hurting because:

1. its the older body style and the G had a TON of improvements
2. the economy for luxury sedans are down
3. infiniti still has the #1 car for holding value in the luxury market. If you think your depreciation is bad, check out the 3 series and lexus IS.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Here are the February numbers for G35 leases. Tarry, you got the March ones yet?

https://g35driver.com/forums/buying-selling-leasing-discussion/201485-infiniti-g35-lease-rates-february-2008-a.html

Old 03-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts