Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Little Advice from the esteemed community...05-06 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Little Advice from the esteemed community...05-06 6MT

I am in the market for an 05-06 6MT as it says in the title, preferably with all the fixings.

I found a couple over the past month, both fully loaded (NAV, premium, etc) Blk/Blk 05s.
The first was in an accident so I walked away obviously, but asking price was 23,700 with 40k mi.
The second was 25,900 with 25k mi but was sold before I got to it.

I found another one, exact same description, this one is sadly at CarMax, and they want 25,900 also for 24k mi.
Now, I'm no chump and I do a lot of research before buying anything especially a car. But 25,900 is a bit much granted that is indeed a clean title with all the options on it. That being said, I did find two almost identical vehicles in two completely different places with the same asking price.

I have quite a few contacts in the car world, but I was wondering as a community how you would feel about said deals. I know that CarMax is gonna be overpriced, but this is exactly what I want and I don't know if they haggle prices at all and if I can get them down to something more reasonable.

Also for those of you looking at loaded 06s, what can I expect in that market?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Drive it and make sure all the wear and tear parts (and everything else) are in GREAT condition.

Keep in mind the old addage 'you get what you pay for' is accurate as long as you're careful about what you buy.

Don't buy a car cuz its cheap when you know that you'll be putting in thousands in work in a year.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Mike, and I sure will test every little thing on the car. I am a very exacting person, and don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to find a bargain just so I can have have a G. I want what I want, and if it means paying a bit more for peace of mind, so be it.
Like you said, I could find something cheaper for sure, but if I spend money later to keep it running then obviously I have lost out.

My query is really more to make sure these prices aren't pure extortion.
My best friend in the world is in the exotics market and is helping me out with this, so I have counsel there, but I figured I'd ask the community as you are probably better versed in this area.

As my life is now, I'm simply too busy to keep up with markets, so I fell off the information edge and thus Im playing catch up.