Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Planning to buy a G35 Sedan, any ideas on modifying?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Planning to buy a G35 Sedan, any ideas on modifying?

Hello to all here in G35Driver. I'm Hipi2002 and I'm currently interested in buying a G35 sedan. I'm sure I'm getting the "Dude buy a coupe" remarks by now but I'm just getting out of a 97 Honda prelude and I'm not in a rush to jump back into a another coupe, yes I know, there is no comparision but for peace and mind I'm gonna go with the Sedan. Previously I was looking at jumping into a IS300 but when I sat in one, it kind of felt small, (Almost no different from the Lude.) so I thought I would step up a Notch and go alittle bigger, Not to mention the IS has a 3.0 motor and the G35 has a 3.5 and yes I am aware that the G is alittle heavier.
Off to the first order of future business, I'm not going to try and go all out performance-wise with it but I would like to give it some added "Umph" to the performance. What I'm interested in doing is pretty simple, I figured I would add a cat-back exhaust, and an intake. Also to the performance, I was thinking of taking it a Nissan dealership and having it tuned with the intake and exhaust. What I'm looking for is to put close to 250hp to the wheel. I know many of you will say once you get bitten by the bug then I'd wanna go further but what keeps me in reality is that I'm in the Military and I'm a Baller on a Budget. I am also aware that what parts or what I intend to do will not come cheap either but thankfully as of now I have no kids or a wife so "time to get it while the getting is good". So any ideas? I was looking to see what type of exhaust I should go with, either Tanabe, Stillen, Borla? Any others that one could list?
As far as outer appearance goes, I was really swept away by the Wize lipkit. Rims, well I haven't thought that far although a Staggered set of 19" TSW's didn't look bad. As far as audio I'm thinking in the line of an in-dash screen yadada and maybe a 10" Sub and have it all mate with the mids and highs, if there's a Bose system already in the car then I would just tune the freq with whatever added sub components I may choose to get. So much I want and so little money, but I think I can do it. Once again, hello to all, and please, your "Mature" suggestions will be greatly appreciated.