Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Looking at a g35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually it's more like, No Highs, No Lows? Must be Bose. I can't wait until the day I rip that crap out of my car...

Anyway... It can be tricky to use the clutch/tranny on this car at times esp starting out. Expect you'll kill it a few times, hell once in a while if i'm tired I still kill mine o.0 Nothing makes you feel more like an idiot though lol... Anyway, in comparison with other cars around this class I'd say it's probably about the same, my clutch is a bit whacked so that makes it a bit different but it's roughly the same as my vr4 was. Compared to say a civic or a GTI or such, it's a lot more touchy... but well worth the feedback you receive from it. Just like someone said above, would you rather hear about it or just play the real thing :P1

Old 07-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Well it is very difficult to get dealers to let me test drive a 6 speed because i am only 17 (no spoiled jokes...i worked my *** off for it), especially after i tell them i only learned a week ago, even if i am with my dad they still wont let me. I tried to get my dad to take one out for a day and just let me drive it but....he wouldn't go for that.

Makes me mad too cause its like, what is my money not as good as that mf'er over there? I could buy this car right now with the money I have in the bank.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:47 PM
yeah I actually came from a white car also. Black can be very very hard to keep clean. All of my friends who have that color hate it after they leave the lot. I would say youll want to worry more about finding a car for a great price that's in top notch condition, then color second. The color won't matter when its sitting at the shop getting fixed. I ended up getting my second color choice and third in interior. It was just too great of a car to pass up.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Shasta Mcnasty
yeah I actually came from a white car also. Black can be very very hard to keep clean. All of my friends who have that color hate it after they leave the lot. I would say youll want to worry more about finding a car for a great price that's in top notch condition, then color second. The color won't matter when its sitting at the shop getting fixed. I ended up getting my second color choice and third in interior. It was just too great of a car to pass up.

yeah i'm a sucker for deals too!!! i wanted 20in gold rims for my car but ended up getting a set of 19 volks in gun metal for only $1200!!!! and they came with tires...couldn't pass up a deal like that...also getting a set of tein flex with about 20k on them for $800...can't wait to put everything on and take some pics

I have an OB coupe and it is a bit hard to keep it clean but i realized that if you keep a good wax on it, the thing will still look amazingly shiny until you get up pretty close...

Old 07-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by tmterrill
You spelled it wrong, its actually "blose" Better Look Out ****ty Electronics.

And i would purchase it but they are so hard to find in a manual for the price i want, somewhere around 18k.
HAHA!! That works too

Old 07-24-2008, 01:08 PM
once you get a short throw shifter (R/I)...it will make life soooo much easier

I would also get a rental if possibly with a stick..beat that up and then you'll be ready to go...my $.02

Old 07-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by BadBoy06

I would also get a rental if possibly with a stick..beat that up and then you'll be ready to go...my $.02

how hard is it to install a short shifter? or did you just get it installed? if so how much total for everything?

Old 07-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by BadBoy06

Yeah that is what my dad is going to do here soon.

Once again how hard is the install? Cost? And will that void the warranty?

Old 07-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by tmterrill
Yeah that is what my dad is going to do here soon.

Once again how hard is the install? Cost? And will that void the warranty?

not hard to install. I think I spent 2beans on it..no warranty issue unless
you create damage as a result of install...and thats really hard too do

Old 07-24-2008, 03:19 PM
So what kind of mods would void the warranty?

Old 07-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Buy a rebuilt one. I saw an 06 on ebay with less than 13k going for $17,900 Black on black. As long as they replced everything and its drives straight its a great buy. =)

Old 07-24-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm not willing to take a risk like that, however small it may be.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:38 PM
I had a Bose system in my Corvette which I didn't like. My G is pretty loaded, and the version of the Bose in it I like. I'm not a Bose fan and there are better systems but so far so good.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:22 AM
I personally have never had a problem with the Bose sound system. I had it both in my Altima and now in the Coupe. I dont know why so much hate for the bose!

Old 07-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I wouldnt trade the 6MT for an auto ever. Once you get used to driving it, you'll be set. The clunking noise and clutch chatter can be a little annoying but its worth it. Btw, I'd look into a 2003 or 2004 since the 05+ have oil consumption issues with the engine, and plus the 03 and 04's come with brembo brakes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking at a g35 coupe