Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Heading over to the Inifiniti dealer ship tomoro with the SRT8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Heading over to the Inifiniti dealer ship tomoro with the 08 300c SRT8

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...5&cardist=6530

Yep thats right im going over there tomoro with my uncles SRT8.

Basicly hes letting me have his 300c SRT8 for $26k and it has only 2k miles on it.

The KBB is $32,000 private party and $29k trade in.

He paid $34k cash for it in April.

Reason hes letting me have it is becuase hes gonna take out a loan for a buissnes hes starting up and im going to be paying the monly payment in return for the car.

But the thing is I dont want the car so ima gonna see what infiniti has on the lot and see if we can trade plus cash back or something like that.

I figure if hes giving it to me for $26k hes losing like $6k right?

But if infiniti would give us the $29 for it they have a G35 coupe on the lot for $25k and he in theroy would get back $4k and lose 3 grand or so right?

By the way im winging it as i go and only reason i dont want the chrysler is cus ive never liked them plus an 18 yr old with a car like that for me is almost a guarntee hater attraction.

Not saying that an infinit isnt but ey i dont wanna look like im slanging ha.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(thats a joke by the way i know most you wont get it but any latino or mexican would cus the stero type for an 18yr with a chrylser is that hes a cartel)

Last edited by eljoker; 11-25-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I hope it's an 08' because all of the 07 SRT8s are only going for $26-$29K max. So considering they all have room to negotiate, I'm going to say you won't get more than $22k(If it's an 07')

Old 11-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not just sell it private party?

Old 11-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
o yeah its an 08 and private party i havent tried yet which i plan on doing real soon

Old 11-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Never Do Business With Friends And Especially Not Family!

Old 12-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Anytime your trading in a car you can getting private value money $$ for it.. Dont tell them how much you bought it for and dont tell them how much you OWE!!! they dont like to give cash back.

My friend. I will show you how to get the deal you want.

First go in and say you want to trade in your car and tell them you want this amount for it(whatever amount you want). Dont budge 1 damn bit. DONT test drive the G35, Dont tell them you like it alot or love it, Dont talk to him like an enthusiast. Tell them a car is a car to you and you so happen to want a 2dr coupe of some kind at this time in life. Act dumb in that way. AGAIN DONT TEST DRIVE TIL THEY GOT YOU THE NUMBERS you like, say there is no point of driving this car if the numbers dont add up to what I want.

Avoid these questions:
How much your looking to spend a month on payment or can afford?? doesnt matter yet

Hows your credit?? doesnt matter yet TRY to attain financing from a credit union or bank.

Do you want a test drive while our financial service run number?? No, no point if I'm not satisfied with deal, I wont even waste my time. I just want to know how much you are going to give me for my car. I'm in a hurry can you make this fast I dont have all day I have other dealers to go to if I'm not satisfied, Since I'm shopping for the best deal.

How much you owe?? Answer I dunno and no you may not contact the financial institution as of now til you let me know how much you are going to give me for my car.
OR the curve ball
if you know you only owe $25k tell them you owe $30k They will most likely make some dumb deal like "How about this we will pay it off for you but you have to buy this G35 for $24.9k and we can possibly take a few hundred more off(few hundred means $600-1000 if you haggle), then after finalizing the deal, get bill of sale(for outside financing PREFERRED choice dealer will try to make up the money loss thru crap percent) and getting credit approved finding out you only owe $25k and have to give you $5k back I did this already 4 months ago LOL

Case in point: My 07' Passat(40kmi) was $11.9K trade in and they gave me $15.5k for it and $1100 off sticker on a CPO. Later to find out I only owed $10,133 instead of $15k like i said and that I already had my own financing at 5.49/60 at my tier 1 rating to there 5.99% for only tier 1+. Boy they were hurt. This has helped me with a Honda and a VW dealer.

Be in control of the deal. If they still dont deal with those tactics WALK away they have big heads and think they don't need to sell cars. They will call you in a day or 2 and you respond are you guys ready to get serious then and make a good deal? or do you want to go sell the car at an Auction for $8k less when I'm trying to buy it for All I want for my car is XXXXX amount.

*05-07 sedan/coupes go for $13-15k from 20k mi and up at Manhiem. I'm looking at 1 right now listed for this Fridays run Silver 04' Coupe 41k off lease for 10,400 Automatic, manuals usually go for $1000 less than automatics at auctions I see 2 black ones 6MT $9300 and $9750 give or take a hundred usually. All 3 are Lane 23(Infinit Financial Service)/run 500s. Reason why I post this is because if they dont sell it they will auction is for $7-8k less then what they have it for sale for.

Last edited by PAImportTuner; 12-17-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
How did this thread fly under the radar?

Old 02-23-2009, 06:54 PM
wow this is very useful information

Old 02-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PAImportTuner
Anytime your trading in a car you can getting private value money $$ for it.. Dont tell them how much you bought it for and dont tell them how much you OWE!!! they dont like to give cash back.

My friend. I will show you how to get the deal you want.

First go in and say you want to trade in your car and tell them you want this amount for it(whatever amount you want). Dont budge 1 damn bit. DONT test drive the G35, Dont tell them you like it alot or love it, Dont talk to him like an enthusiast. Tell them a car is a car to you and you so happen to want a 2dr coupe of some kind at this time in life. Act dumb in that way. AGAIN DONT TEST DRIVE TIL THEY GOT YOU THE NUMBERS you like, say there is no point of driving this car if the numbers dont add up to what I want.

Avoid these questions:
How much your looking to spend a month on payment or can afford?? doesnt matter yet

Hows your credit?? doesnt matter yet TRY to attain financing from a credit union or bank.

Do you want a test drive while our financial service run number?? No, no point if I'm not satisfied with deal, I wont even waste my time. I just want to know how much you are going to give me for my car. I'm in a hurry can you make this fast I dont have all day I have other dealers to go to if I'm not satisfied, Since I'm shopping for the best deal.

How much you owe?? Answer I dunno and no you may not contact the financial institution as of now til you let me know how much you are going to give me for my car.
OR the curve ball
if you know you only owe $25k tell them you owe $30k They will most likely make some dumb deal like "How about this we will pay it off for you but you have to buy this G35 for $24.9k and we can possibly take a few hundred more off(few hundred means $600-1000 if you haggle), then after finalizing the deal, get bill of sale(for outside financing PREFERRED choice dealer will try to make up the money loss thru crap percent) and getting credit approved finding out you only owe $25k and have to give you $5k back I did this already 4 months ago LOL

Case in point: My 07' Passat(40kmi) was $11.9K trade in and they gave me $15.5k for it and $1100 off sticker on a CPO. Later to find out I only owed $10,133 instead of $15k like i said and that I already had my own financing at 5.49/60 at my tier 1 rating to there 5.99% for only tier 1+. Boy they were hurt. This has helped me with a Honda and a VW dealer.

Be in control of the deal. If they still dont deal with those tactics WALK away they have big heads and think they don't need to sell cars. They will call you in a day or 2 and you respond are you guys ready to get serious then and make a good deal? or do you want to go sell the car at an Auction for $8k less when I'm trying to buy it for All I want for my car is XXXXX amount.

*05-07 sedan/coupes go for $13-15k from 20k mi and up at Manhiem. I'm looking at 1 right now listed for this Fridays run Silver 04' Coupe 41k off lease for 10,400 Automatic, manuals usually go for $1000 less than automatics at auctions I see 2 black ones 6MT $9300 and $9750 give or take a hundred usually. All 3 are Lane 23(Infinit Financial Service)/run 500s. Reason why I post this is because if they dont sell it they will auction is for $7-8k less then what they have it for sale for.

haha my dad does this EXACT tactic. It works, everytime.

to the OP, good luck with the trade in!