Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Newbie shopping for a G coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie shopping for a G coupe

How's it going g driver's!! My name's Andre and Im currently in the market for a 2005-2006 G coupe. I just had a few questions and figured they would be answered quickly and ACCURATLY here.

Which model came with the Brembo calipers from the factory?
Any recalls I should know about?
How much is a typical service?
Can the service be done yourself? (oil changes, brakes, etc.....)
How accurate is the factory Navigation?
How much is the suspension geaometry altered if the vehicle is lowered?
Anything other random things I should look for when shopping?

Thanks in advance. Hopefully I can be an OFFICIAL member in the next month or so.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone?

Old 12-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will only touch on a few that I think I have heard about. I thought I heard the Brembos were only on the 03-04's. I am not positive. I did think I heard people talk about a tradeoff in power for the 05 in exchange for the Brembos.

Don't know about most. You can probably do some of the service yourself...but then again, if you are asking, maybe not. I probably wouldn't. Of course, I wouldn't even know what to do with recycling the oil properly.

I have an 06 navigation. It seems pretty good. Of course, I haven't really gone anywhere I don't normally go since buying it. So I have t on, but it hasn't routed me yet. I know the features are supposed to be upgraded on mine (and then again on later units). But there is also a thread where people talked about sharing the upgraded DVD for the Nav system. So the maps themselves were updated as recently as this past October. It should work nicely for you. I like mine. Just remember they are old enough that they are not touch screens.

Do some research at this site for your questions. Many of them are answered. There are many threads (and some answered well enough in the FAQs) that you can easily find some of the answers on geometry (if that was a properly asked question). I only say properly asked because it definitely changes a car to change a car. As to how much, someone would have to know how lowered and which system. I know nothing about any of this, other than what I have read here. I know if you drop your car, you have to make sure the tires still meet the road evenly (enough) or you need to adjust the camber. I believe you will just wear out your tires quickly and unevenly otherwise. But lots of people do, so it can be done without sacrificing driveability.

Good Luck,
Dave