Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

I'm dead-set on my G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I'm dead-set on my G

I'm about to get my (hardships?) license; I'm 15, nearly 16, and don't take when I say "I've had a passion for cars since I was born" lightly, I really do love cars.

So I KNOW I'm getting a G, it's the car of my dreams, even my entire family likes G's.
The first question is; Which G?
I've had my eyes on a 2005 coupe with 31,830 Miles for aproximately 18-21 grand,
but I'm also considering a sedan and doing a similar build like the one in a Modified mag I read a few months ago, SO MANY CHOICES!

I'm going to start off with a front bumper,
I was thinking GT-R?
but I also really like the Type TS-1 bumper?

Then Exhaust and Downpipes, Manifolds, just a few bolt-ons
HKS, Greddy?

Next comes the head unit for the stereo, I saw that on the build I previously mentioned that included a system from an eclipse or something like that, I'm fine with the Bose speakers for now..
any suggestions for that?

and I forgot to mention, the certain G I'm looking at has "DxR" rims, and I've never heard of this brand, and I'm afraid they're some cheap, un-safe MADE IN CHINA garbage.. (worst comes to worse I'll just sell them to my friend who WANTS cheap rims...LMFAO!)
they look OKAY but I can always find a different G; I have my eyes on at least a dozen other ones.
and if I don't get this certain G, then I'm going to UNDOUBTEDLY get some rims I'm going for iForged ,Gram Lights, Rays, Volk, Enkei, anything like that.
I'm going for looks at first for now, but in a few years I want to start doing some time attack (then I'll worry about lighter rims)

Thank you all in advance for the help!

Old 07-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Sounds like you'll crash it.

BUT mod list seems good, I would not buy a car that has had mods done on it. The guy probably drove it like a ****. Buy one that an older guy drove just to get around, that way you know it's been taken care of.

Your parents buying it?

Old 07-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
good luck, took me several months to find the one i wanted...
only advice, dont rush into buying the car, Made this mistake when I was 18,
make sure the car is in almost perfect condition (**** for almost 20K used 05) it better be good! hahaha..

I VOTE TS or Nismo! ...not a fan of, a*hem! (no disrespect)

Old 07-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
TS-1.
HKS.
It's all down to preference but I'd get a Kenwood DNX 7190.

Enjoy your G when you get it. Don't crash.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Sounds like you'll crash it.

Your parents buying it?
Bleh... I really hate this attitude. I'm 19 and every time someone sees my car they either think my parents bought it or I'm going to wreck it. My intro thread is just an onslaught of "Don't crash!". Wtf is a G? a super car? Not much faster than...an accord? Oh noes dangerous!

Statistically safer at 16-19. Ages 21-24 account for much for accidents. See - Alcohol.

Last edited by vincentl; 07-31-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:33 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
it is pretty harsh tho, "Sounds like you'll crash it"

at the same time, fair warning, just dont rice that chit!

Old 07-31-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by vincentl
Statistically safer at 16-19. Ages 21-24 account for much for accidents. See - Alcohol.

And the younger drivers should try to keep it that way. The insurance for first 6 years of driving is sooooooo darn expensive.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:57 PM
^^^So ****ing true...

Old 08-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by vincentl
Bleh... I really hate this attitude. I'm 19 and every time someone sees my car they either think my parents bought it or I'm going to wreck it. My intro thread is just an onslaught of "Don't crash!". Wtf is a G? a super car? Not much faster than...an accord? Oh noes dangerous!

LOL not much faster than an accord? ya because speed is everything right? not because it is a sportier car that most people would drive to higher limits than accord. not because it is RWD vs FWD. no no no.

and you didnt even answer the guys question if your parents bought it or not. if they did i dont see how you can get pissed at him that they did.

also where are your sources for you statistics claim? I see other information.

Crash statistics
Teen driver crashes are the leading cause of death for our nation’s youth. The overwhelming majority of these crashes are caused by inexperience or distractions, not "thrill-seeking" or deliberate risk-taking. (Source: Accident Analysis and Prevention, 2003. 35: p. 921-925)

* In the National Young Driver Survey 20 percent of 11th grade drivers reported at least one crash over the past year, while nearly 3 percent experienced two or more crashes.
Go to source
* In 2006, 5,156 13 to 19-year-old drivers were involved in fatal crashes.
Go to source
* Crashes are more common among young drivers than any other age group. In the United States, 1 in 4 crash fatalities involve someone 16 to 24 years old, nearly twice as high as other age groups.
Go to source
* The fatality rate for drivers ages 16 to 19, based on miles driven, is four times higher than for drivers ages 25 to 69.
Go to source
* The crash fatality rate (crash fatalities/100,000 population) is highest for 16 to 17 year olds within the first six months after licensure — and remains high through age 24.
Go to source
* Approximately two-thirds of teen passenger deaths (ages 13 to 19) occur when other teenagers are driving.
Go to source
* Child passengers (under age 16 ) driven by teenagers (ages 16 to 19) have three times the risk of injury in a crash than children driven by adults. Overall, 9 percent of child fatalities occur with a driver under age 19.
Go to source
btw im 20 so I am not some old guy picking on you because of your age. I know that when I first started driving 4+ years ago I was not very experienced and even though I thought myself to be a great driver and safe and hated that people thought I was a poor driver, I really wasn't that great of a driver. Nobody learns how to do something as complex as driving overnight.. and add in hormones and peer pressure and such of the teenage years, it does make sense.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:32 AM
spoiled

parents didn't buy the car yet and the kid is already ready to spend another 5k of their money to mod it lol.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS

Your parents buying it?
Honestly, I would say this is a fair assessment. How many 15 year olds have saved enough money for a G35?

Old 08-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Nope, I took out a parent loan, I'm going to have to pay back every cent back, and I pay for gas and 9 months of insurance (per year). Plus I've been working in a family owned business for a few years, so this is the fruit of my hard work, (this summer I worked every day for 13 hours a day MINIMUM WAGE)
and I've been driving (cough cough) for a few years and I can say that I'm a pretty okay driver. and for now I'm going to keep whatever G I get stock, but I just wanted to see what I could do the car. Think of it as a very slow but steady build.
you guys are awesome! ;D and thank you for the help, guys!

Last edited by RB-X GT2; 08-07-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:07 AM
Banned
SLow down there skippy get your license first...

then

buy the car ]

god I love being me

who needs parents get a job and work

Old 08-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah, true, true. I'm just stoked; I mean I've jsut been waiting all my life for this. haha. but I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to do, and when. I should be getting my licenses next week *crosses his fingers*

Old 08-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
I dunno your first car you are bound to total. First car rule.

80% of the guys I know that bought something fast for their first cars (SRT4, SRT8, boxster, 240SX, MR2) have either totaled them or worse.

I bought a cadillac for my first car, it may have had a little go that warmed up for the G but comparing the G to other cars I've driven, even it seems slow.

Anyways, make sure if you're buying a G, don't buy it to be a show boating douchebag that's going to be paying off a loan for something you don't own. If you are, buy a Camaro.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm dead-set on my G