Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Legacy Owner Thinking about a G35x...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2011 | 03:30 PM
|
Legacy Owner Thinking about a G35x...

Hey everyone, I thought i'd chime into this forum and get some input.

I have a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited 5MT, and i'm running a Stage 2 setup (Uppipe, Downpipe, Tune and Mufflers). On my setup I can easily take down a stock STi, modded Mustang GT, G35, etc. I have had it for almost two years. However, there are a few things that are making me think about getting something else:

1. Lots of rattles, inside and out
2. Shifting the 5MT is more of a chore than fun, even with a short throw shifter
3. I'm at 84k miles, and eventually the clutch and timing belt will need to be replaced ($$$).
4. The ride quality is getting bad. You feel every little bump on the road. I think it's some bushings going bad, but still...

Anyway, I have been looking online at 05-06 G35x's, and would like some input from owners on these cars. Especially if you looked at or owned a LGT in the past. Also, as far as performance goes, how easy is it to get more power out of these engines? I would be willing to spend around $500-700 even on used parts.

I want a sedan because I have a wife and kid, and the AWD is helpful here in Utah.

Thanks!