Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

G37S vs. 335is

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I will give you that one. Infiniti is better than Acura, but mostly because of the M56.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by snakes1021

like i said the M3 is a status car. if you can afford it then by all means get it. both are great cars. but if you are buying the M3 for performance there are better options that coudl be more cost effective.

if you gonna spend 80gs on an M3 why not get a GTR?
Because its not purely about performance for 99% of the ppl out there, including me. I don't care that the GTR will shift 0.000005 seconds faster or that it'll go a few tenths quicker in the 0-60 (assuming tranny won't give up the ghost). At the end of the day, if you drive your car 99% of the time on the STREET the most fun you could probably have is with a 6MT + RWD...and also there's always the fact that one is a Datsun and the other a BMW. Anways idk if you ever drove the M3 , but that is a FUN car and pretty awesome to slide around with a grin on ur face and *** end out...unlike the GTR.

...but whateves, thats just me and I'm certain the interweb racers will come out and put me in my place about how much faster and better the GTR is in every way

Old 06-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by snakes1021
@ oneguy, because the M3 is just the shizzle every car gets thousands of hours or R&D. and if the M3 is so amazing i pose this question if the M3 is upgraded by putting coilovers (brand "X") it makes the car handle better right? so if i have a 335i which is the same base, and the same coilovers are available, how am i not making the 335i handle better thant he stock M3 that has how ever many hours of R&D?
Putting coil overs on a car does not necessarily make it handle better. If you think that the "suspension" companies put as much R&D as OEM into their products you are mistaken. If I had an M3, the only way I would put aftermarket suspension on it would be if BMW made a package I could get from the factory. Otherwise, no thanks. The trade offs in every day ride comfort with the perceived increase in performance are not worth it. If I had a dedicated track car, I still wouldn't just go with an over the counter suspension set up.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:37 PM
^^^ What this guy said. Companies put almost ZERO dollars into R&D anymore. Suspension companies basically have acouple designs and all they do is make it fit each car.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
Putting coil overs on a car does not necessarily make it handle better. If you think that the "suspension" companies put as much R&D as OEM into their products you are mistaken. If I had an M3, the only way I would put aftermarket suspension on it would be if BMW made a package I could get from the factory. Otherwise, no thanks. The trade offs in every day ride comfort with the perceived increase in performance are not worth it. If I had a dedicated track car, I still wouldn't just go with an over the counter suspension set up.
I agree.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree to an extent. If you are buying generic coils, but high end coids from reuptable manfactures may have several models made to fit different applications but they didnt come up with the design over night. Which is why some certian companies design and sell certan coils for certian applications only. If you buy CHEAPO parts then you are right.

OEM parts are not driver specific they are designed to accomadate a varity of drivers. From the 70 yr old guy who uses it as a daily driver, to the guy who drives it aggressivly. But not to the people who want peak performance for a reason. Which is why people upgrade.

You think auto-x and track cars change there suspension to be cooler than the next guy? Or because they can custyomize their dampening, rebound and stiffness for different tracks and conditions?

The sport suspension on my G was nice when I got it but horrible the car was all over the place compaired to the ZEAL coils with custon spring rates.

anyway back on topic, I say the bimmer and not because I drive one now, but because I had a G before hand. actually had them both for a while. the customer service is top notch, the quality of parts is better. but thats my opinion test drive both and make the decision based on what you like.

I would test drive used ones because they will be broken in. Brand new cars are are just that, brand new so..... but I would test drive used then buy with new or used depending on your budget, which ever you like more.

Last edited by snakes1021; 06-30-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:07 AM
I agree with you. The high end companies that develop purpose build race coilovers do spend the time and money to build vehicle specific parts.

But 90% of what is sold and what people buy is not. There is probably less than 10 people on this entire forum that have purpose build track coilovers, the rest just have whatever was cheapest. Look at Tein for example. Every single one of their coilovers from Civics to Porsche is the exact same design with different mounts.

I guess I should have looked at your signautre, I didnt realize you had a BMW. But I have owned 14 cars and without a doubt the worst customer serivce and quality I have ever had to deal with is Infiniti. Their cars look good, but it just isnt worth the headache anymore.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
The G37 and 335i are both riddled with problems and poor quality.

Go with the S5.

I don't understand how you can bash Infiniti for reliability by posting up charts and then recommend Audi that ranks below or close to Infiniti in those same charts.

I love Audi design, but everybody knows they have a reputation for being unreliable.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:42 PM
I posted a pic of the S5 only because it is beautiful. But if you read, I said to actually go with Lexus because they are always in the top 3. Unfourtnantly Lexus doesnt have a car nearly as beautiful as the S5 (in the same price range). I guess i would rather have a beautiful S5 riddled with problems than a mediocre G37 riddled with problems.

I would say go with Lexus, they are always in the Top 3 for Quality and Customer Satisifaction.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I posted a pic of the S5 only because it is beautiful. But if you read, I said to actually go with Lexus because they are always in the top 3. Unfourtnantly Lexus doesnt have a car nearly as beautiful as the S5 (in the same price range). I guess i would rather have a beautiful S5 riddled with problems than a mediocre G37 riddled with problems.
Makes more sense. I agree on the reliability of Lexus, they just don't make anything I'd really want to buy.

I love Audis though and would definitely own one if I had the cash flow to support the repairs.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
335is is getting close to M3 territory in terms of pricing. My brother has a 2011 335i, and it's most definitely a beautiful car. I would get it over a G37S, even though the G37 is also a great car.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
To be clear. I am not saying anything bad about the 335i, it is a great car. I am just saying if you can actually afford a M3, why would you even consider downgrading to a 335i?

Also to be clear, anything is better than Infiniti.
Give it a rest....

Old 07-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
Do you think a guy in an M3 gives two ***** some guy in a 335 is putting down more power than him? He probably cares as much as if you pulled up next to him in a 10 second Mustang, or a 16 second civic....which is not much. People that buy M3s buy them for a reason. It's not a pure numbers car. If you think that slapping a JB, coil overs, and wheels on a 335 will make it handle, feel, and drive like the 1,000 of hours of engineering put into the M cars at the factory, you are mistaken.

lol touche.
i agree! as much as i loved my G, i bought a E92 M3 3wks ago. ive heard all the stories mentioned in these post. i test drove the G37S and 335is. both are great cars, but out of the box i must give it to M. of course price is a factor also, but if you're gonna dump 15k-20k into it then i say go with the M.

i dont care if your car is faster then mine, i dont care if you can make it look like mine......its still not an M3.