Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Advice on potential purchase of 6MT Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Advice on potential purchase of 6MT Sedan

Hello all:

I'm looking to potentially purchase a G35 Sedan. I currently have an '02 Maxima with 166K miles, so I want to upgrade. My desires have been another Maxima or G35, '05-'06 model, blue in color.

I'm in Ohio, and of course, there is never anything close to home.

I found a car in Georgia that I wanted to get some input on. Link is below.

http://www.worldautobrokers.com/2005...8/Details.aspx

I love the color combo. Mileage isn't too high for the year and the price doesn't seem terribly out of line. I wonder how low they would go?

I know CARFAX's don't show everything, but according to the CARFAX, this is a two-owner car. The first owner hardly drove the car and had all service done at the Infiniti dealership. There are really no records with the second owner. Should I be concerned that this car was last sold at an auction?

I've tried to do some research on this forum. Is it true that the oil consumption issues were more of an issue with the coupe and not the sedan? How are those engines different? I know my '02 Maxima 3.5 does consume oil now. Would be nice not to deal with that again.

My Max still has the original clutch at 166K. Has anyone on here gone over 100K on their original clutch? My assumption is that the G35 for sale still has its original clutch.

Any other main issues I should be concerned about?

Since I can't go quickly view the car in person, I thought about having one of those third party inspection companies (CarChex, LemonSquad, etc.) go look at the car and drive it for me. Does anyone have any experiences with any inspection companies and is the feedback good?

I would appreciate any thoughts on this car. Thanks in advance for reading.

Eric

Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
If you want a G that does not consume oil, start looking at the 2007+ sedans