Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Helping my son purchase his first car 2006 g35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helping my son purchase his first car 2006 g35x

Hi all looking for some input on a possible purchase of a 2006 G35X 160,000 miles needs a catalytic converter...they are asking $2500 I understand the catalytic converter can cost close to $1,000 to replace? It seems well taken care of I need to get 3 years out of it and want to have an idea on what kind of upkeep it's going to cost per year. Appreciate all your input in advance thanks.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
You can usually find used cats on your local CL, or you could buy new high flow cats from a reputable manufacturer (Berks is usually the go-to for quality). If you just want to get rid of the check engine light and don't really care about emissions, you can purchase non-foulers and install them between the cats and o2 sensors (thread non-fouler into cat, thread o2 sensor into non-fouler).

Here Here
is an Amazon link to a non-foulers I was running for a while - they got rid of my CEL until I could replace the cats. You will need two.

As far as the mileage goes, as long as it was well taken care of 160k isn't a huge issue. I'm sitting at 173k currently and haven't had to make any major repairs. and that's with plenty of abuse including frequent autocross runs. There are plenty of people that have gone well over 200k on their original motors.

Last edited by MooseLucifer; 04-04-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:53 PM
Tks

Thanks for the feedback!

Old 04-21-2018, 12:36 AM
Catalytic Converter Issue

I just re did my cat on my 08 Sedan. I paid $382 for mine and have had no issues since.
Amazon Amazon

Wrote a review.

I would almost recommend to save up your money and get a new high flow exhaust for it as in the end you would spend a hair more, but get better reliability.

My next upgrade for mine is going to be the exhaust, then coil-overs.

Owned mine for about 4 years now and have only done the cat and ac pump... both were pretty cheap. Did the cat myself and took it to a local shop for the ac pump as Infiniti likes to charge an arm and a leg for anything they do. Reminds me of my Harley that I also do my own work on.

Hope all goes well and I think that is not a bad deal at all.