Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

I think I just made a steal on the G35!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if you make good money, why did you buy a used one?

Old 12-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by docgov
Move South like I did......
I would love to but family, friends, fiance, job.. too many things I can't leave behind me.

Originally Posted by benbo5
benbo5 Sorry to say man but thats not a good deal. You just bought a two year old car with 25k miles on it. I think you need to start riding the public transit because thats ridiculous to pay that much for insurance no matter how much money you make. Thats just not moral.
I do ride the public transit.. but I need a car regardless, I do normal errands and travel once in a great while. I mean insurance rates in MA are very bad.. a friend who owns an Acura Integra 99 with 60k pays 4,500 for his insurance a year and he's on step 16.. but also lives in a City where accident and theft rates are outrageous. I live in a good area so my insurance is still sky rocketing high on a 04 G. Like I said... poor politics, 10-15 years ago MA officials sold the people out to the insurance companies ever since the insurance companies are making a killing on the people here. You notice we can't get insurance from Geico or Progressive? 49 other states sure can!

How is not a good deal? 06 G35 is 42k with sport tuned package.. A 2 year old car 25k for 25,700 is an awesome deal.. think in the long run with Infinti's reliability it's not "bad".

Originally Posted by kenchan
if you make good money, why did you buy a used one?
Well.... I mean what are you asking?.. I make good money as in I can do with a used G35 and pay my insurance and live decent. I didn't try to sound like a baller.. I'm just an average person.

I was going to lease an 06 G35 but.. insurance on that would be insane.. like maybe 6k+ a year? The monthly payments is not bad at all leasing but just not worth the insurance rates.

Used 04 G35 insurance eases on me a bit plus the lo-jack will help me.. anything I can do to make insurance rate lower on a G35 which I wanted for a car.

Old 12-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey man, that's a great deal. I bought mine from Quirk Infiniti in Braintree, MA. I paid $25,900 for my 03 G35 5AT coupe w/ Premium and aero packages and Nav w/ 34k miles back in October. I did however get them to give me top dollar for my trade. Where did you buy yours from?? I live in Litchfield NH. What town do you live in??

Old 12-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by benbo5
Sorry to say man but thats not a good deal. You just bought a two year old car with 25k miles on it. .
Id like to know what u call a good deal!!!

2evolved congrats on your buy, awesome deal...

Old 12-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks B1

I bought mine at Herb Chambers in Boston.. On commonwealth ave.

Wow.. I was looking at Quirk's inventory but didn't get to stop by.. I really wanted the Nav!! It seems like you got a deal just like mine.

The car has everything beside Nav and spoiler.. wierd isn't it?.. It does have the brembo's and sport package.

Old 12-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah that is weird. I looked at Herb Chambers inventory and never made it by. Mine has everything but the sport package and brembo's. However, I did buy a set of OEM Infiniti 19" wheels for it. I think I found the only used G35 coupe in MA or NH with Nav. None of the other Infiniti dealers had one. That was a major reason I bought the car.

Old 12-04-2005, 02:18 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 2Evolved
Thanks all.. I can't wait to pick it up Monday but.... sigh.. I hate buying this in the winter.

It just snowed 2-3 inches here and still coming and I'm suppose to pick up the car tommorrow, the dealer is about 15 miles away and the car still has summer tires on them, I need to get snow tires ASAP... and I really don't feel comfortable driving the car home if I need to pick it up with snow on the ground.
'Grats on the new ride. That is a good deal.....Take it easy and get the insurance down too.

C.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:46 AM

Which car you think would handle better in snow?.. I don't think the Z would do well at all..

Why would the G do any better than the Z in the snow. Both cars are awful. I just bought a 94 4runner with 31's on it!!! thats the way to go!

Old 12-05-2005, 12:19 PM
I really don't know why as I've never gotten into RWD cars before but when I made a comparison driving both cars on dry surface it seemed the G would be easier to control.. maybe these are factors but again, you guys know more about RWD then me, if this was all wheel drive turbo car.. I would be very knowledgable person to ask

Z vs G in snow.

G has more better version of VDC and traction control because its more luxurious of a car and less of a sports like the Z. Also the Z I assume has a bit more power than the G causing more fishtailing in snowy conditions. And one last thing I can only assume is that the G has a better weight distribution. Again.. I only beginning to learn about these cars so correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 12-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
If the buyer thinks they got a good deal... just a saying in sales...
In other words, if you think you got a good deal, don't ask or look around anymore.

*I'm not saying it's not a good deal... just that I thought I got a good deal on my G but I've seen people get better deals every now and then, which would be kinda disappointing if I really cared...

Congrats on your purchase

Old 12-05-2005, 12:29 PM
what kind of deal did you get on your G?.. I like to here from what other people got and maybe then I wouldn't think I got that great of a deal.

I couldn't say I got the best deal anyone could get but I just "thought" I got a good deal.

Old 12-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
... just under 36 otd on a brand new '05 6mt sedan with navi. Coupes are supposed to cost about 2k, maybe 1k more.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:56 AM
I got my 05 Coupe w/ automatic, rear spoiler/Satellite radio/tinted windows/splash guard/ for $$30,550 on Nov 12nd, 2005. I think mine is only a so so deal..........

Old 12-06-2005, 01:13 PM
... That's 2,000 under trade in value not retail. (the winter helped) ...
I highly doubt it. A dealer knows he can get close to blue-book retail on any car. Certainly he can ALWAYS get above trade in if the car is late model and in great shape. Either there's serious damage you didn't know about, or you were looking at the wrong book (or wrong year in the book).

Old 12-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
we've seen some cars that we decide not to take in because we check for mechanical work, paint work, etc. for pre-owned vehicles. as for new cars, 2005 we still have plenty in stock in automatics and 1 6mt fully loaded left. anyone else looking for a deal just PM me. unfortunately most people rather have the '06 for the little upgrades than a '05

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I think I just made a steal on the G35!!