Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Base 6MT sedan - does this actually exist?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Base 6MT sedan - does this actually exist?

Just wondering if the base 6MT G35 sedan is actually something that exists. My dealer says they have never sold one without some sort of package/options.

Thing is, I do not want to buy the Bose (at the very least will be installing my own speakers) and I strongly prefer NOT to have a sunroof due to headroom concerns/maximization. Is there a package that doesn't included both of these?

Old 01-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you can build it on the infiniti website then you can custom order it exactly that way.

Old 01-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They exist. A dealer here in SC has one on the lot.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Just wondering if the base 6MT G35 sedan is actually something that exists. My dealer says they have never sold one without some sort of package/options.

Thing is, I do not want to buy the Bose (at the very least will be installing my own speakers) and I strongly prefer NOT to have a sunroof due to headroom concerns/maximization. Is there a package that doesn't included both of these?
Mine is base. Only Sunroof as the option and of couse 6mt with sport package.

Old 01-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
only way to get base with needless options is special order one... the compromise is that you may not be able to wheel and deal at a lower price...

i was in your same situation before i bought mine... a plain jane 6mt with no sunroof and bose system, just a factory installed aero package or kit (all the aerodynamic options installed).... no had one in-stock so i would have to order an '06 at the time and pay 1k over invoice even though i wanted the 05...the closest to base was one black/black with sunroof (800-900 extra that was bogus)...
then i decided i could care less for the whole aero package (what difference am i going to feel with 0.01 more of drag coefficient...) and decided to get a spoilerless 05 ivory pearl 6mt with premium package for 1500 below invoice....
since no one had the dg/dg for the same price plus a color change was needed anyway since 2k2 6spd max was sterling mist (dark silver)....

i could have gotten a dg/stone with sunroof for about 28k otd but figure some of the extra bells and whistle should be warranted...

good luck finding one at a price you willing to pay...

dang dealer's make a killing on options that aren't factory installed... aero kit/package being the main one. heck even just the rear spoiler option was about 1k dealer installed but only about $500 factory installed....

i guess forcing certain options can be a good thing...unlike scion where they won't budge on the price of the car since it's up to you to add the options you want or need...you end up paying full price for the options too...i know because my brother bought a tc....