Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

buying a G 6MT - new to the board

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buying a G 6MT - new to the board

hey guys .. new to the board. I'm looking for a 04-06 G 6MT. I just came across this site looking for G forums to do some background reading on the vehicle. I currently have a Dodge stealth . and had a 3000GT vr4 last year. The only newer car im liking these days is the G.

Now . to my question since I can't find a IP G 6MT in Canada. Does anyone know if I do pick one up from the states and import it into Canada how the Warranty works.... if it just transfers over or if its VOID. Thanks in advance for your replies. And HI to everyone. If I find my G . i'll be on here all the time.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by $mokey
hey guys .. new to the board. I'm looking for a 04-06 G 6MT. I just came across this site looking for G forums to do some background reading on the vehicle. I currently have a Dodge stealth . and had a 3000GT vr4 last year. The only newer car im liking these days is the G.

Now . to my question since I can't find a IP G 6MT in Canada. Does anyone know if I do pick one up from the states and import it into Canada how the Warranty works.... if it just transfers over or if its VOID. Thanks in advance for your replies. And HI to everyone. If I find my G . i'll be on here all the time.
welcome to the forum and sorry i really cant answer your ?

Old 03-15-2006, 01:07 PM

NNOOOOO !!!! Another soon to be G owner At least you're in Canada. J/K

Welcome, I"m not sure but it's still a different country. I would check with your dealer if they will honor the warranty.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:56 PM
i think for any car that is sold in the US, once it leaves the US boarder to be register somewhere else, it looses ALL its warranty. even if u got a brand spanking new G from here, and take it to canada, you void all warranty.. unless its a major engine or trans recall like the Acura 3.2TL/CL/MDX issue...

like you, i also used to own a 3000GT VR4, so welcome to the club if/when you get one...

Old 03-18-2006, 07:40 PM

I can help you their, although I went hte other way. I had a 2002 RSX that I purchased in Canada and brought to the states in 2004 (later sold). I came across for school. What I had to do was call Honda to get a letter of DOT Compliance that said it was compliant with US road Standards. I know it sounds ridiculous but i still had to do it. Then i went to my local DMV here with the car, showed them the letter and paid import fees/taxes on the vehicle which amounted to about $2500 US to import the car. They changed the plates right away and I was done.

I also lived in Canada for 24 years (Toronto) and had friends do what you want to do. They went a different route by getting an attorney to clear the paperwork. I think it's a simple process just call a local attorney and they'll take their $250 fee + import fees and issue you a letter you could show to customs when your driving the car back.

Hope this helps!

-Neil