my poor baby

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2006 | 09:34 PM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by GEE35X
That's horrible Deane, but it is good you and the other party are not injured.
The Nismo would be sweet .

Thanks Wayne. I think I see a Nismo in my future.

Old 05-26-2006 | 09:44 PM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Shouldn't cost you much if anything if the other party is at fault.
The Nismo isn't much different in price from an OEM replacement at the dealer.
Don't settle for refinishing your bumper..
they'll try to get away with that if they can.

Good advice Ian.

No cost to me. nsurance co. believes there is no contention whatsoever and the police on the scene said it is her obligation to check for oncoming traffic, even though it appears some yoyo in the lane next to me waved her through. No kidding. My witness saw it all and actually honked at me beforehand to slow me down which fortunately I did.

I'm ready for the refinishing the bumper issue. Only 15k, 24 months old, driven summers and perfect condition. No way. I know for sure they will pull that.

I'll have to check with dealer on the Nismo. If it's close it's a no brainer. I hope my 3M guys here can source the clear bra kit if it happens. Had searched everywhere here and didn't even think of my dealer having it. Of course this is Atlantic Canada so will likely come by horse and buggy here.

Old 05-26-2006 | 10:16 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by RBull
Good advice Ian.

No cost to me. nsurance co. believes there is no contention whatsoever and the police on the scene said it is her obligation to check for oncoming traffic, even though it appears some yoyo in the lane next to me waved her through. No kidding. My witness saw it all and actually honked at me beforehand to slow me down which fortunately I did.

I'm ready for the refinishing the bumper issue. Only 15k, 24 months old, driven summers and perfect condition. No way. I know for sure they will pull that.

I'll have to check with dealer on the Nismo. If it's close it's a no brainer. I hope my 3M guys here can source the clear bra kit if it happens. Had searched everywhere here and didn't even think of my dealer having it. Of course this is Atlantic Canada so will likely come by horse and buggy here.
Your local dealer will not likely be able to get Nismo (w/o a huge markup)

FWIW, I'd get some repair estimates (& be sure it's just the bumper skin)
Then go for a cash settlement....then import the Nismo yourself

Old 05-27-2006 | 12:30 AM
Wow, count your blessings...

Sorry to hear about that Deane. I'm glad to hear you were ok and that no one was hurt.

I had to laugh reading the postings (+1 to Chico & +1 to radjack). I was thinking the EXACT same thing - didn't damage the headlight and that a Top Secret front bumper would looks SWEET on your G!

Either way, hope the inconvenience is short and you have your baby back soon!

Al

Old 05-27-2006 | 09:33 AM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Your local dealer will not likely be able to get Nismo (w/o a huge markup)

FWIW, I'd get some repair estimates (& be sure it's just the bumper skin)
Then go for a cash settlement....then import the Nismo yourself
More sage advice.

Old 05-27-2006 | 09:34 AM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by kamikazeiG35
Sorry to hear about that Deane. I'm glad to hear you were ok and that no one was hurt.

I had to laugh reading the postings (+1 to Chico & +1 to radjack). I was thinking the EXACT same thing - didn't damage the headlight and that a Top Secret front bumper would looks SWEET on your G!

Either way, hope the inconvenience is short and you have your baby back soon!

Al
Thanks Al.

Old 05-27-2006 | 06:23 PM
BMC
Sorry to hear about the accident. I echo the others' comments and am glad that nobody was hurt. I would imagine that all of the hassles associated with restoring your car back to pre-accident condition are more than a little frustrating...at least that's how I would feel if it was my situation.

BMC

Old 05-27-2006 | 09:22 PM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
^thanks.

Old 05-28-2006 | 01:02 AM
Sorry to hear this, i am glad that everyone are safe!!

Top Secret or Impul Bumper will look nice in the Red!!

Old 05-28-2006 | 08:17 AM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Endless G
Sorry to hear this, i am glad that everyone are safe!!

Top Secret or Impul Bumper will look nice in the Red!!

Hey Thanks EndlessG.

I'm considering something different.

Old 05-29-2006 | 10:20 AM
PDT
Sorry to hear about the accident. At least no body was hurt in anyway. Let us know what you decide to do!!

Old 05-29-2006 | 08:10 PM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by PDT
Sorry to hear about the accident. At least no body was hurt in anyway. Let us know what you decide to do!!

Thanks.

It's between the stock bumper and a Nismo. Mostly a question of ponying up for the $400+ price diff.

The adjuster said of course bumper is repairable. I said I wanted and expected a new one. It's still not settled yet but I don't plan to have body fill.

After closer inspection there is a fair bit more damage. Needs a new grille. Hood won't open without scraping passenger fender. Both fenders and hood badly misaligned and rubber tire mark on bottom of driver headlight. New inner bumper cushion and possible other hidden damage. Needs alignment. New clear bra.

Old 05-30-2006 | 03:28 PM
i feel your pain. i just finally picked up my car yesterday from the bodyshop after my rear end got mashed up. the bumper looks great but they didn't even bother to straighten my rear plate (idiots). did it at home with a small rubber mallet. the worst part is all the aggrivation and wasted time/effort to get everything fixed and settled. hope everything works out for u.

Old 05-30-2006 | 06:12 PM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by giddyup69
i feel your pain. i just finally picked up my car yesterday from the bodyshop after my rear end got mashed up. the bumper looks great but they didn't even bother to straighten my rear plate (idiots). did it at home with a small rubber mallet. the worst part is all the aggrivation and wasted time/effort to get everything fixed and settled. hope everything works out for u.
Thanks. I hope you end up being satisifed after spending a bit more time with the car.

I know what you mean about time wasted.
I have spoken to the adjuster three times now, both insurance companies a few times, filed police report and I'm not close yet to starting the work or finding a rental car for the small stipend they provide for one.

Old 05-31-2006 | 01:07 AM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
Dang, Deane . . . Sorry to read about your incident there. Glad that no one was hurt. I trust that you will get your G fixed in short time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my poor baby