Canada Serving Canada.

Meguiar's Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 03:03 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Meguiar's Canada

Meguair's Canada (GTA) are trying to tell me that their unigrit sanding blocks that are listed for $38.44 for a "package of 10" on the website cost that much for just one block!
MEGUIAR'S

Are they totally out to lunch or what?
Damn, I ordered these things 2 weeks before going away in the hopes that both I, and Sam (SammyJL) would have them, and now this!!!!

Meguiar's in California have taken all my info and promised to contact the Toronto office to rectify but damn, what a bunch of bull..
Toronto office were not helpful at all and seemed like they didn't give a damn.
Anyone else had anything to do with them? I kept getting the same person (Michelle Medieros) after repeated attempts to talk to some else and I'm afraid she was a total waste of time and effort. LOL, as a rep of Meguiar's, she has much to learn.

Sorry Sam..... .......this simple order has turned into quite a fiasco ... and it's not done yet.

If these people think I'm paying that, then they're really out to lunch.
After reversing the charges, I'm still out of pocket the shipping and handling for my troubles.

Thought I'd share in case anyone else had anything to share, or were contemplating ordering thru them.
[\rant]
C.

Old 05-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
That's rediculous.....$38.50 for one sanding block

Did she have a liquid lunch or somthing???

Old 05-26-2006, 03:56 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
That's rediculous.....$38.50 for one sanding block

Did she have a liquid lunch or somthing???

LOL, I don't know about the liquid lunch, but to my mind it might do some good.
She knows as much about customer service as I do about splitting the atom.

I've fired off a couple emails to their tech department and to the marketing manager, so we'll see what that does.

California chuckled when I explained the situation and promised to help.
But it seemed even they were lead to believe that these blocks were that expensive.

Kevin.....have you had anything to do with Meguiar's Canada office in Mississauga???

Seems to me you were using Meguiar's unigrit paper the day we all saw you.....

If what these guys are trying to tell me is true, then that package of 25 sheets would have cost you about $500!!!!!

What nonsense, huh....

C.

Old 05-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problem Colin, I can wait. Maybe I should start saving up for this since I promised to buy half the order from you. Jeez, you could buy two and a half Porter Cable's for that kind of money.

Maybe I should try ordering them myself and see what kind of response I get, then they can have two angry customers to deal with.

Keep me posted Colin and again thanks for all of your trouble.

Old 05-26-2006, 05:51 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by SammyJL
No problem Colin, I can wait. Maybe I should start saving up for this since I promised to buy half the order from you. Jeez, you could buy two and a half Porter Cable's for that kind of money.

Maybe I should try ordering them myself and see what kind of response I get, then they can have two angry customers to deal with.

Keep me posted Colin and again thanks for all of your trouble.
N/P Sam.....haha, I'm sure you'll be as interested in those blocks at that price as I am.
Don't worry......if that price holds, then they can shove 'em. and Visa will hear about my issue and will probably refund all the money, then go after them for being such dopes.

I'll let you know what happens. The way California was on the phone today made it sound like they wanted to give them to me.
I hope so after all this BS and delay.

C.

Old 05-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Colin, I was checking on the Meguiars US site and they list for $16.99 US each. Looks like we are out of luck. I wonder if they ship to Canada?

Old 05-26-2006, 07:40 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by SammyJL
Colin, I was checking on the Meguiars US site and they list for $16.99 US each. Looks like we are out of luck. I wonder if they ship to Canada?
LOL, here's the reply from the managing director of Meguiar's Canada:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SENT today:

Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 3:28 PM
To: expert@meguiars.com; gmorton@meguiarscanada.com
Subject: Unigrit sanding blocks

Hello at Meguiar's

Can someone there explain why your sanding blocks are so expensive?

First off, I ordered thru your online catalogue which clearly states that a package of 10 blocks cost $38.44 + shipping + taxes. -- I thought acceptable.

Now I'm being told by your Customer Relations department that the catalogue listing was wrong and that I must pay $38.44 for just one block!!!!!!

Am I getting the right story here?????

After waiting for almost a month for someone there to fill my order, I'm most disappointed with how this has turned out.

All at my expense so far since Meguiar's quickly got all their money from Visa.

Can you help please.- The people waiting on my getting this product from you are also very disappointed.

Sincerely,

Colin Lines
Cambridge, Ontario N1S4R9
c.lines@rogers.com

------------

Here's what I got back from Greg Morton (ver batim):

Colin.
Were sending you 9 more. We have discontinued selling on our website. Yes- the sanding blacks are that expensive in Canada.

Thanks

Greg.

-----------

I'm assuming that the other nine will be at no charge, but we'll see.
If they are, Sam, and these damn things are that expensive, then we've hit the 'Mother Lode' for just a little bother.....

Stay tuned......

C.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:52 PM
O.F. Administrator
Kevin.....Can you shed any light on this for us?
Are these blankety-blank sanding blocks that expensive?????

C.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Holy smokes batman. That sounds crazy expensive. Sorry to hear of all the hassle and hope they do ship more N/C

Deane

Old 05-26-2006, 08:25 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
Holy smokes batman. That sounds crazy expensive. Sorry to hear of all the hassle and hope they do ship more N/C

Deane

TNX, Deane....I've had a closer look at the one they did send and am thinking it's a solid 3000 grit sanding block, which means it will probably last forever...

Maybe one of these babies has got magic and can erase the boo-boo on your front bumper.

Take a look. It doesn't look that special and really isn't very big.

Attached Thumbnails Meguiar's Canada-mini-meguiars0001.jpg  
Old 05-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Msedanman
TNX, Deane....I've had a closer look at the one they did send and am thinking it's a solid 3000 grit sanding block, which means it will probably last forever...

Maybe one of these babies has got magic and can erase the boo-boo on your front bumper.

Take a look. It doesn't look that special and really isn't very big.

Wow it's small.

It would be magic if it can erase the mess on my bumper. Good news is I will have a new clear bra that hopefully I can get a slightly better job on.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:42 PM
O.F. Administrator
Picus, What about these Unigrit Blocks......are they that expensive?????

C.

Old 05-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi guys, sorry I was away for the weekend. The blocks are that expensive. One block is the equivilant of probably 50 sheets. 25 sheets of 3000 grit is ~$35usd, so one 3000 grit block @39 cad is the right price.

I have only dealt with Megs Canada once and found that they were completely useless; they had no interest in helping me and were completely ignorant about their own products and product line. The only two Megs products I use that I can't get from eshine or Canadian Tire are the 3k grit sheets and Wheel Brightener; I get both from Megs US online. It's a pain and it's espensive, but I buy 5 gal wheel brightener and 50 sheets, so it lasts awhile.

I've just started ordering from CMAX (NAPA) and those guys are *much* nicer, and they carry most Megs stuff. If you want the names and #'s I'll be happy to provide them.

I did give Sammy one sheet and would offer one to you too colin but I am now out. Maybe I should buy one of your ten blocks!

On a related note the only reason I didn't buy the blocks before is I can't use them in curved areas so I always got sheets even though it costs a bit more; for you guys blocks should be more than enough, just be careful with them.

Last edited by Picus; 05-29-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:21 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by picus112
Hi guys, sorry I was away for the weekend. The blocks are that expensive. One block is the equivilant of probably 50 sheets. 25 sheets of 3000 grit is ~$35usd, so one 3000 grit block @39 cad is the right price.

I have only dealt with Megs Canada once and found that they were completely useless; they had no interest in helping me and were completely ignorant about their own products and product line. The only two Megs products I use that I can't get from eshine or Canadian Tire are the 3k grit sheets and Wheel Brightener; I get both from Megs US online. It's a pain and it's espensive, but I buy 5 gal wheel brightener and 50 sheets, so it lasts awhile.

I've just started ordering from CMAX (NAPA) and those guys are *much* nicer, and they carry most Megs stuff. If you want the names and #'s I'll be happy to provide them.

I did give Sammy one sheet and would offer one to you too colin but I am now out. Maybe I should buy one of your ten blocks!

On a related note the only reason I didn't buy the blocks before is I can't use them in curved areas so I always got sheets even though it costs a bit more; for you guys blocks should be more than enough, just be careful with them.
LOL, Kevin, I was beginning to wonder if you'd been skydiving again.....
Glad to have you back.....

Wow, that's amazing that those blocks are that expensive, but as we thought, they are solid and will last a long time.
Sam and I had no idea until Sam logged into Meguiar's USA and saw their price.
Oh well, my bitching about their customer service and their misleading listings in their website catalogue, seems to have paid off. Soon after complaining to Meguiar's in Cali., I heard from the brass in Toronto that they would send more blocks...... I expect them this week. (fingers crossed)

I'm sure we can work something out if you want a block. n/p. -- actually I've got one here now, so if you need it, just say. We do need to hook up anyway to 'do' my M if we can arrange something.

Also glad to hear that M's can be had from another location. I'll get the numbers from you next time we meet up.

...... C.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
napa carries it? that's great. i used to get the 3m detailing products from them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Canada