Canada Serving Canada.

Pushing Your engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2006 | 07:01 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by canuck
Wow, how ironic is this thread. Last night was the first time I pushed my G to the redline since I've had it. Sad, very very sad. It was a sh!tload of fun too. My father was pleasantly surprised at how quick the G is.

......No worries Shane, pretty sure I heard your Sedan bouncing off the limiter when you and Deane exchanged rides for our trip to Shediac last fall............pretty sure........

C.

Old 09-10-2006 | 07:15 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Msedanman
......No worries Shane, pretty sure I heard your Sedan bouncing off the limiter when you and Deane exchanged rides for our trip to Shediac last fall............pretty sure........

C.
Hehe. Wish it was true but it wasn't.

Old 09-10-2006 | 07:20 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
Wow, you better not drive with me.
Yeah, overall I am a pretty tame driver Deane. I was in a really bad car accident back in 94 and I haven't been the same driver since.

Old 09-11-2006 | 08:51 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Yeah, overall I am a pretty tame driver Deane. I was in a really bad car accident back in 94 and I haven't been the same driver since.
Oh, I didn't know that Shane. I know some other people who have had the same experience and for them just driving was difficult.

Old 09-11-2006 | 09:36 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Sorry to hear about that Shane...
I can see how that'd take the wind out of your sail somewhat.

Old 09-11-2006 | 10:12 AM
Traveling Administrator
Yeah, it was a pretty scary thing. I was driving along a country road outside of Saint John at night going home from a friend's place. A deer ran out in front of me and I didn't have time to react. I hit the deer head on and then lost control of my car and went into the ditch and hit a cement culvert. It was in my MR2, so since there is no engine up front to minmize the impact, the front litterally crumpled. I ended up with 3 broken ribs, broken leg/ankle, and some pretty good lacerations to my neck from the seat belt.

Since then, I drive pretty tame, especially at night.

Old 09-11-2006 | 10:27 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Yeah, it was a pretty scary thing. I was driving along a country road outside of Saint John at night going home from a friend's place. A deer ran out in front of me and I didn't have time to react. I hit the deer head on and then lost control of my car and went into the ditch and hit a cement culvert. It was in my MR2, so since there is no engine up front to minmize the impact, the front litterally crumpled. I ended up with 3 broken ribs, broken leg/ankle, and some pretty good lacerations to my neck from the seat belt.

WOW.... A deer in an MR2, I hate to think of the possibilities

In high school I got the crap scared out of me one night in light fog.
Out of no where... here's this horse standing in the middle of the road.
He was a grey, so my headlights picked him up even though it was foggy.
I just managed to steer around him..... no time for brakes!

Slowed me down a LOT... especially as a young buck

Old 09-11-2006 | 11:54 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni

Wow, Shane, that was a bad accident you had, and with no engine in front must have worsened the outcome......I don't blame you for your caution.

I tend to be very careful too especially at night since I came across 2 deer some years ago, but instead of jumping out in front of me, they stayed beside the road...... -- thankfully they didn't move since I didn't see them until right on top of them.....

Really shakes you up when you think of the 'possibilities'...

Oh yeah, btw......Deane was right....I was only kidding about him bouncing off the limiter in your ride last fall......(in case you hadn't figured that out already)

Hey, only 2 months (4 days, 3 hours, 5 seconds) to go bro........wooooohooooo..

C.

Old 09-11-2006 | 12:32 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Wow, Shane, that was a bad accident you had, and with no engine in front must have worsened the outcome......I don't blame you for your caution.

C.
When I saw my MR2 a couple of weeks later at the salvage compound, I really felt fortunate to be alive. It is amazing how quick things happen.

I don't drive like a old grandmother or anything, I just am a little bit more cautious now. The highway between Saint John and Fredericton is really bad when driving at night. There are people killed every year due to Moose. I drive with extreme caution when driving that road.