Canada Serving Canada.

Well, my tires worked this morning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2006 | 04:30 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Sam, if you want me to drive down and look at it after paint I will be glad to. I am a total (pardon my language) ****ing ***** when it comes to dealing with body shops, and will not accept anything less than a near perfect paint job. David is, as usual, absolutely right - all chrome, plastic, trim, glass, moulding removed, total sand and prime, respray color, wetsand and polish, respray clear, wetsand and polish, bake. This is the only way to get the paint close to factory quality, and given that the damage is their fault nothing less should be done.

Let me know, I'd gladly make the trip.

Edit; I just want to add that what is left of the car looks friggen awesome.

Last edited by Picus; 12-15-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-15-2006 | 05:15 PM
|
Thanks Kevin. I'll share your recipe with the owner. Hopefully he can come close.

Old 12-16-2006 | 10:45 AM
Sam,

Where you getting the work done? Locally in kitchener? I need to get my bumper redone because my Lip spoiler came off and left some black urethane on the front. Plus I need to touch up all the rock chips. I was quoted like 500-600 just to repaint the front bumper?????

Old 12-16-2006 | 11:35 AM
|
Queensway 576 9450 is where the car is. Your quote is about right. Wib is the owner and the guy who quotes is Rob.
GL Mike.

Last edited by whatacar; 12-16-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-17-2006 | 07:32 AM
|
The shock is wearing off. I'm angry now. I don't know if I believe the story anymore. There's a ripple in the driver's rear panel suggesting frame damage. The owner said he can pull it out and no need for a replacemet...don't like that. Speaking of dammage, any ill affects to the G from being hit from behind while in park? I think I'm a fool to let the person who damaged my car, is paying to repair the car be the one who tells me what was damaged. I'm gonna ask for an independent appraisal as well as a written one from the original shop.

Old 12-17-2006 | 08:54 AM
Thanks Sam.

Good luck with the whole ordeal. Don't let them push you around either, they inconvienced you not the other way. When I pull my car out I may give them a shot. Let me know how their work is and I hope everything pans out for you.

Old 12-17-2006 | 10:17 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by whatacar
The shock is wearing off. I'm angry now. I don't know if I believe the story anymore. There's a ripple in the driver's rear panel suggesting frame damage. The owner said he can pull it out and no need for a replacemet...don't like that. Speaking of dammage, any ill affects to the G from being hit from behind while in park? I think I'm a fool to let the person who damaged my car, is paying to repair the car be the one who tells me what was damaged. I'm gonna ask for an independent appraisal as well as a written one from the original shop.

Sam, I think you are heading in the right direction. Your read of the situation and suggested course of action seems right to me. The foot and pedal thing sounds a bit far fetched. Fortunately it also sounds like the body shop may be flexible and reasonable enough to make this work for you.

Take it to an independent appraiser (or two) and get some more feedback to support your claim. You have the hammer now while it is being negotiated. If the appraiser concurs, the body shop should do whatever it takes to get your car back to factory condition. If they won't and want to do a partial fix through insurance some things to consider: the media; writing to all the adjusters of the major insurers (he won't like that since these guys all have an under the table kick back system in place); the better business bureau, contacting an industry assocation he may belong to. (Your lawyer friend may have better methods to elevate the pressure )

Good luck in getting things settled to your satisfaction.

Old 12-17-2006 | 10:33 AM
|
Thanks Deane. Tossed and turned all night, don;t want the G just to look right, but handle right as well.

Old 12-17-2006 | 11:19 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Thanks Deane. Tossed and turned all night, don;t want the G just to look right, but handle right as well.
I know what it feels like to have your baby damaged. Mine was repaired earlier this year with new front bumper/cushions and frame straightening due to other poor driver. It all went well and you guys have the pictures of my G. Looks as good as new.

Old 12-17-2006 | 07:35 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Good man, Sam.....I retract most of what I said b4 now that I know that this if bothering you :

What you had was one fine Coupe, bro.......it would be totally unfair to come out of this with anything less -- and you might if you're not careful.

You want to make sure you get accurate and unbiased appraisals for repairs, not just a "deal".....

If it were mine, I'd fight for the best of everything (which is what you and the car deserve), and I'd fight with every ounce of my being if need be, including getting more legal advice.

Go get 'em, Sam......and don't take no for an answer.

Deane's points in his recent post about appraisals and possible legal pressure are very valid........

G/L, my friend. I know you'll win this.

Colin

Old 12-17-2006 | 07:41 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
We're gonna get Sam taken care of. His friend David is not someone I would want to be up against in a, well...anything. This will turn out well, mark my words!

Old 12-17-2006 | 10:09 PM
|
Originally Posted by picus112
We're gonna get Sam taken care of. His friend David is not someone I would want to be up against in a, well...anything. This will turn out well, mark my words!
Thanks for the words of encouragement Kevin.

Old 12-19-2006 | 07:07 AM
|
I saw $3500 worth of parts on an invoice and in front of my G yesterday. I also saw a printout from some kind of machne that specs frames. Mine was spot on. It was a Car o liner or something like that. The ins. agent told me to go ahead and have them do it. If I am not happy I have a year to open a claim and the ins. will kick in. In light of all this and my gut feeling about the owner and his sincerity I'm gonna trust him.
Thanks for all the support guys. Boy do I miss the G on all these dry roads.

Old 12-19-2006 | 07:13 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Sounds like you have the bases covered Sam.
& Yes it's a shame to be missing this nice driving weather...

Old 12-19-2006 | 08:13 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
You seem to be on track Sam. G/L with the job.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well, my tires worked this morning