Canada Serving Canada.

Anxiously waiting the deluxe auto detailing treatment!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
hahaha... me too, Carson was priceless; loved his delivery.
Ohhh, that brought back some great memories, thanks Colin.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:24 PM
BMC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Ohhh that's horrible for the black G owner. Mine was keyed about 3 weeks after I got it so I understand.

Yours will be great. Please do yourself a favour and go to the detailing forum FAQ. Kevin (picus112) has a fantastic how to on all detailing aspects. I thought I knew something about this stuff but learned so much and brought mine back to life myself.... after the lessons from a pro.https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...10#post1245710

Here's proof. https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...10#post1245710

Hope you're happy with the finished product on that gorgeous Z. Sound like you will be.

Deane
Deane, yeah, I saw the FAQ - what a treasure trove of knowledge. Amazing. Question - in your post you showed 2 links, but they were both the same. Was just wondering if the second link was intended to be a link to some pics of your ride? If so, the link just sends me back to Kevin's FAQ. Would love to see some high res pics of your G coupe.

Jed's still working away on the car (meanwhile I was watching the Pittsburgh Steelers squander play after play against the Broncos - quit the damn turnovers guys!!!) - I was joking around with him that after he had washed my car it had looked cleaner than it has been in nearly a month and I would have been happy with just that - but of course there are the many other stages of detailing (doing the interior, the claying/decontamination, polish, waxing, sealant, etc. etc.).

Thus far I can say that I am already quite happy with his service. He's in his late twenties but comes across as far more mature beyond his years. And very professional. He didn't get "stage fright" and didn't mind me watching him do his magic.

The only crappy thing right now is that it is dark outside, so the truly nice pics will have to wait for a sunny day when I can roll the Z out onto the driveway and snap some pics.

He's still a little while from being done. Can't wait to see my paint!

Old 11-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by BMC
Deane, yeah, I saw the FAQ - what a treasure trove of knowledge. Amazing. Question - in your post you showed 2 links, but they were both the same. Was just wondering if the second link was intended to be a link to some pics of your ride? If so, the link just sends me back to Kevin's FAQ. Would love to see some high res pics of your G coupe.

Jed's still working away on the car (meanwhile I was watching the Pittsburgh Steelers squander play after play against the Broncos - quit the damn turnovers guys!!!) - I was joking around with him that after he had washed my car it had looked cleaner than it has been in nearly a month and I would have been happy with just that - but of course there are the many other stages of detailing (doing the interior, the claying/decontamination, polish, waxing, sealant, etc. etc.).

Thus far I can say that I am already quite happy with his service. He's in his late twenties but comes across as far more mature beyond his years. And very professional. He didn't get "stage fright" and didn't mind me watching him do his magic.

The only crappy thing right now is that it is dark outside, so the truly nice pics will have to wait for a sunny day when I can roll the Z out onto the driveway and snap some pics.

He's still a little while from being done. Can't wait to see my paint!
Awesome on your car.

I guess my attempt with links to my car didn't work. Let me try again. https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...hon+pc+session

Thanks for letting me know Joel and sorry for your trouble.
I apologize if this doesn't work, my tech skills are less than I hope for. The difference after a good detail job is incredible.

G/L

Last edited by RBull; 11-05-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:49 PM
BMC
Awesome on your car.

I guess my attempt with links to my car didn't work. Let me try again. https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...hon+pc+session

Thanks for letting me know Joel and sorry for your trouble.
I apologize if this doesn't work, my tech skills are less than I hope for. The difference after a good detail job is incredible.

G/L
Oh my God! I just saw those before and after pics of your G coupe. All I can say is holy sh*t! After all of your blood, sweat and tears your paint looks like it's "alive"; it looks like pure liquid. Amazing.

Heading downstairs to shoot the breeze with Jed.

Cheers,
Joel

Old 11-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by BMC
Oh my God! I just saw those before and after pics of your G coupe. All I can say is holy sh*t! After all of your blood, sweat and tears your paint looks like it's "alive"; it looks like pure liquid. Amazing.

Heading downstairs to shoot the breeze with Jed.

Cheers,
Joel
Thanks Joel. I thrive on the positive feedback. I updated my link thanks to your post.

It def. took some work on the car but was very rewarding in the end and still so. It's always good to hear to hear positive feedback from another source because I tend to be extremely hard on myself.

You're gonna love the difference in your car and learning how to make it that way is very powerful.

G/L

Deane

Last edited by RBull; 11-05-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:04 PM
BMC
You're welcome Deane.

Jed is just wrapping up. I love the results. Unfortunately the pics I took don't even capture how nice the car looks in person. The lighting in the garage is far from optimal for taking pics, and I don't want to get in his way asking to move his halogen lamp here and there ha ha ha.

Even the feel of the paint - soooooo smooth. He also did a thorough cleaning of the interior. It feels and smells better than new.

If only it was still sunny outside! Then I could have backed the car out onto the driveway and snapped pics til I ran out of memory on my media card!

Pics to follow later this week, subject to good weather. I'm going to pray for no snow or rain....

Old 11-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by BMC
You're welcome Deane.

Jed is just wrapping up. I love the results. Unfortunately the pics I took don't even capture how nice the car looks in person. The lighting in the garage is far from optimal for taking pics, and I don't want to get in his way asking to move his halogen lamp here and there ha ha ha.

Even the feel of the paint - soooooo smooth. He also did a thorough cleaning of the interior. It feels and smells better than new.

If only it was still sunny outside! Then I could have backed the car out onto the driveway and snapped pics til I ran out of memory on my media card!

Pics to follow later this week, subject to good weather. I'm going to pray for no snow or rain....
We'll be watching for them Joel

Old 11-06-2006, 07:38 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Looking forward to the pix Joel
It's amazing what a good detailer can do.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Rated M

Looking forward to seeing pics of the Z. We'll keep fingers crossed on the weather. We're supposed to get a few flurries today turning to rain this aft.

Cheers

Old 11-06-2006, 10:17 AM
BMC
Our weather forecast is going downhill. Calgary is bathed in fog right now, and a couple days ago they had forecasted the weather to be in the high teens. Now today's high is expected to be around 0 and cloudy. My first outdoor opportunity with some sunshine might be on Tuesday, but I'll believe it when I see it. That being said, I work downtown during the day and when I leave in the morning it is dark, and when I come home in the evening it's dark.

I do have some pics but given the g*d-awful light from the garage bulbs they look grainy at best. Sorry guys.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:34 AM
BMC
In the meantime, I've been marvelling at some of his before/after pics of his other clients:

240sx

BEFORE

AFTER

G35 sedan

BEFORE - a lot of swirls on the rear of the sport pkg sedan!

AFTER

Old 11-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Rated M

^nice work. Give us the Z!!!

Geez, it's sunny here. Where is this snow and rain they forecast?

Old 11-06-2006, 01:09 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
^nice work. Give us the Z!!!

Geez, it's sunny here. Where is this snow and rain they forecast?
LOL, seems the weatherman was 'on something' and mixed the forecasts....

Actually the longrange forecast for here was pretty dismall, but now it's sunny and warm -- not hard to take at all.......

Sorry for you bad luck Joel......

C.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:01 PM
BMC
Today reached a high of 13 C and I was able to get home from the office before the sun had set. Unfortunately, by the time I had gotten home, I was treated with some low light conditions and cloudy, overcast skies. I decided I'd shoot some pictures anyway just to see how they would turn out.

Keep in mind that my "after" pictures were taken with poor outdoor lighting conditions, whereas my "before pictures" were shot last Sunday under clear skies when the sunlight was at its peak. Given how cloudy it was, I was nevertheless pleased with how glossy and "liquid" the paint appeared.

Also, it drove home (pardon the pun) how much of an impact even a light coating of grime can have on a car's paint's ability to shine and gloss in bright sunlight. Case in point - my "before" pics.

I have to admit that I'm a crappy photographer - I had tried my manual mode to increase the exposure by a tad, but all I succeeded in doing was taking slightly out of focus "after" pictures. Next purchase: a tripod!

I can only imagine how nicer the car will look under bright sunny skies, or in an evening shot under the bright lights of a shopping mall parking lot. I will try to borrow a friend's SLR and will aim for better pictures this weekend, providing the weather cooperates...

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

"AFTER" SHOT - cloudy day, closeup, driver's side

"AFTER" SHOT - no flash, Jed's halogen lamp. This was taken before the masking tape protecting the trim and a final clean-off of the car was done.

Last edited by BMC; 11-07-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Looking nice Joel.
But you can keep that white stuff that is on the ground.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anxiously waiting the deluxe auto detailing treatment!