Canada Serving Canada.

Any one else getting fed up with Hyatt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any one else getting fed up with Hyatt?

[Rant On]
Took my car in a few months back for an oil change and to pick up my winter tire package. Get the car home to find they had took a chunk out of the rear bumper, size of small rock chip but deep right into the plastic. I let it slide and just touched it up, I new to properly fix it would just been too much of a fight.

Take my car in yesterday to get the windshield replaced. Turn on the light in the garage to check the oil this morning and find a big scratch in the hood. And to add to the pain the SEL light came on yesterday as well

Go to Hyatt this morning and they can't take my car in for 2+ weeks. What has me a little concerned is it looks like the car is running a little warmer than normal and the oil is really dirty for 3000k since last change. Sure the light is probably making me jump to conclusions but I don't like to have to drive the car for 2 weeks when there could be an issue.

So I'm dropping it off tomorrow and they are going to try and buff out the scratch and squeeze it in the check out the SEL. No guarantees.

I guess I just expect more when you spend 80,000+ on a car. Maybe I'm wrong.

I've driven domestic for years, sure the vehicles had problems but man the service was 10 times better.

I almost went around the circle when leaving to stop and take the 550 for a drive.
[Rant off]

Old 12-07-2006, 01:44 PM
ozg
i bought my coupe in the States and brought it up this past summer. when i went there to get warrenty and stuff transfered over they seemed kinda snobbish and arrogant....is if i didnt belong there coz i didnt buy the car from them. now i take the car to Stadium Nissan...from what i can tell there are lots of car guys there and my car gets treated like gold.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm actually about due a service (car aswell ) so we'll see how they do.
I might mention ahead of time that members have concerns re: the service and that I'll be going over everything with a fine tooth comb when I get the car back.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff, it really sucks to hear that you are getting anything less than perfect treatment from Hyatt. IMO it doesn't matter if you spend $80k+ on an M45 or $15K on a Yaris, you are a customer that put trust in the hands of people that don't value it.

When I was 21 I bought a 1998 Civic Si, and I was in love with the car at the time. About 4 months later it starting having some kind of noise from the transmission and Village Honda made me sign a paper agreeing to 14 hours of labour incase they decided not to cover it under warranty. It turned out that the main bearing ring shattered and it was covered under warranty. 10 days after I got my car back after 3 weeks in the shop the noise came back. When I took it into Village Honda they again said that they couln't tell me if it would be covered by warranty until they open the tranny "please sign her for 14 hours of labour". I sold the car and I will never buy a Honda/Acura again, which sucks because I kinda like the CBR600RR.

Long story short, if they don't value your business take it somewhere else. Warranty work and maintenence make these guys a lot of money. I may start to look into taking my car to the Stadium Nissan after reading this tread. It's a huge disappointment.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:19 PM
BMC
Jeff, I feel your pain. Back when I owned my G sedan, I took my car to Hyatt for its regular maintenance. I never experienced any instances where Hyatt damaged my car, but I always found their "courtesy" cars to be the tackiest in the business. I started threads on these awhile ago.

I don't know if they still do this with their courtesy cars, but back when I would drop my car off for its servicing, they would give me a loaner that was covered in ridiculous looking decals that advertised that the car was a Hyatt Infiniti car and that it had X amount of hp. Give me a break! It was embarrassing having to drive that thing downtown.

Wait a second, I found my original post:

https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/56172-stickers-all-over-courtesy-car-ughhhhhh.html

The problem with Hyatt is that it is the only Infiniti dealership in Calgary. I'm sure that if there was another dealership in town to compete with them for business, perhaps they would step up their game a little...

Old 12-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw that loaner when I went in to pick up my G. It made me sick just to be near it. I can not believe that the Hyatt Group has so little class. I may ask them for a different car, even if it means I get a Kia.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Take the car in today and they have the ***** to ask me... Are you sure you didn't buff/clean the hood after you picked it up?

Sure I took it home at 6:00pm and since it got covered in road grime decided to buff/clean the hood in preperation for more road grime the next day. Give me a friggin break.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:55 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by skylineguv
I'm actually about due a service (car aswell ) so we'll see how they do.
I might mention ahead of time that members have concerns re: the service and that I'll be going over everything with a fine tooth comb when I get the car back.
It might be best to make sure the car is clean when you arrive for service, and get the service manager to go over it with you to be sure that he is aware that there are no issues or at least is aware of what issues there are.....and that you expect it to be in the same shape when you pick it up......

.....don't forget the wheels.......curb rash can occur so easily and we know how expensive they are to fix or replace....

C.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Msedanman
It might be best to make sure the car is clean when you arrive for service, and get the service manager to go over it with you to be sure that he is aware that there are no issues or at least is aware of what issues there are.....and that you expect it to be in the same shape when you pick it up......

.....don't forget the wheels.......curb rash can occur so easily and we know how expensive they are to fix or replace....

C.
Not a bad idea Colin, thanks. Although, with the cr@p that's on the roads around here right now it's slightly easier in principle than in practice
Think I managed about 2km's after cleaning it last week before it looked like all h3ll again.....such are the joys of having black in winter I guess.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:58 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by skylineguv
Not a bad idea Colin, thanks. Although, with the cr@p that's on the roads around here right now it's slightly easier in principle than in practice
Think I managed about 2km's after cleaning it last week before it looked like all h3ll again.....such are the joys of having black in winter I guess.

I hear ya mate.....I went to Guelph yesterday and got plastered .Round trip was only about 50km.

Best you can do in that case is make sure after you wash it, wherever that might be, to know and perhaps record any existing scratches or problems, so that you know of any new ones that mysteriously happen.

Glad to hear that it's warmer out there for you. Got to love those Chinooks.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:07 PM
It's sad thing when you have to tell them you expect it back in the same shape. That's just wrong!!!

Old 12-08-2006, 06:26 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday
It's sad thing when you have to tell them you expect it back in the same shape. That's just wrong!!!

Absolutely, Jeff, but things happen sometimes, perhaps at some places more than others for whatever reason..
My thinking is CYA every time just in case it happens to you...
To me it's worth the time and effort.

C.

Old 12-08-2006, 08:36 PM
BMC
Jeff

I checked out your link to your band, "Scotch on Sunday". Cool name for a band. I liked that acoustic version of Shine that you guys performed. So which one of the guitarists were you? The guy with the darker guitar? Both of you guys had great guitar skills. Me - I'm just a campfire guitar player at best right now. I like playing (or more like, "attempting" to play) a lot of Coldplay's songs (Warning Sign, Yellow, etc.), some old Blue Rodeo, Great Big Sea etc. We have both sets of parents visiting us this Christmas so I'll have to haul out all the Christmas carol guitar tab. Yeesh.

Good luck with the scratch on your car.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by BMC
Jeff

I checked out your link to your band, "Scotch on Sunday". Cool name for a band. I liked that acoustic version of Shine that you guys performed. So which one of the guitarists were you? The guy with the darker guitar? Both of you guys had great guitar skills. Me - I'm just a campfire guitar player at best right now. I like playing (or more like, "attempting" to play) a lot of Coldplay's songs (Warning Sign, Yellow, etc.), some old Blue Rodeo, Great Big Sea etc. We have both sets of parents visiting us this Christmas so I'll have to haul out all the Christmas carol guitar tab. Yeesh.

Good luck with the scratch on your car.
Yep the darker guitar is me. Dave is the lead guitarist. If you ever hear of someone needing a quieter band, throw a bone out there for us. We'd really appreciate it.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:38 PM
As for the scratch they can't buff it out and they are starting to work me over saying I can't prove they did it. She's going to be a $600 fix now. So I'm going to have a battle on my hands.

Needless to say I stopped at the BMW dealership on the way home. Drove the 550. She has more power but the interior isn't doing it for me and at $100,000 it just isn't worth it. I'd rather deal with Hyatt and keep the M45S.

There is a used M5 on the lot. 5000kms for just a little more than the 550. If I know what's good for me I won't get behind the wheel of it.

Oh yah, found another door ding today. Does it ever end????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any one else getting fed up with Hyatt?