Canada Serving Canada.

Bittersweet, new car is here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2007 | 06:53 PM
Very nice Kevin, the drop looks good, you have been busy.

Old 01-10-2007 | 07:01 PM
Its even better now!!!!

Old 01-10-2007 | 07:56 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Lookin good Kevin...
What springs did you use? H&R or Eibach

Old 01-10-2007 | 08:08 PM
Beautiful

Old 01-10-2007 | 08:59 PM
looking good!

Old 01-10-2007 | 09:03 PM
|
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Lookin good Kevin...
What springs did you use? H&R or Eibach
H&R Sports, so the lesser of the two drops. I heard a couple negative reports about the Eibachs (mostly that they are way too firm). I am super happy with the H&R's so far at least (hard to say for sure since they haven't settled); with my winters the ride is just as tight, but not as jarring as with the stock springs and runflats. Not sure which made the bigger difference, but it's definitely an improvement.

I went with Sports rather than Race since I'm putting the 19x10's on in the rear for spring and want clearance for bbk.

Unless I do an anthracite headliner I think I am done 'till spring. I replaced the roundels too today so that's it as far as I can tell. Spring will be:

definite:
headliner
exhaust
wheels

maybe:
xede
front lip
rear lip

Cheers.

Old 01-10-2007 | 09:26 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Car looks fantastic Kevin. That really puts some sport in the car with the drop and the tints. After the wheels, exhaust etc. you'll be all set.

Your car is a bit dirty in that new shot! Does anyone at church appreciate the new look?

Old 01-10-2007 | 09:48 PM
|
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by RBull
Car looks fantastic Kevin. That really puts some sport in the car with the drop and the tints. After the wheels, exhaust etc. you'll be all set.

Your car is a bit dirty in that new shot! Does anyone at church appreciate the new look?
Haha, I know... it's filthy, it taunts at me with it's filth. They put the undercoating on so no wash for 24 hours. It's like purgatory. It has this horrible oily goo all over it too... arhg, I can't even think about it!

As for the church, they've seen me taking pictures of so many cars they probably think I run a chop shop. I always liked this one... irony.

Old 01-11-2007 | 08:21 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Yes, I've been through that goo stage too. It works nicely but makes it horrible to work on anything beneath the vehicle. It also makes my engine bay, door hinge areas look filthy.

Of course its also the time off year filth persists so I'm sure your girl will have many a bath even if it is with your waterless system. I changed the oil in mine, pumped the tires, slapped on a coat of Nattys and drove over to put it into hibernation. There was a black Bimmer with a cover on it resting as well, only a few spots away from mine. I couldn't see which model but noticed the wheels appeared the same as TelegramSam's. Are those exclusive to the M5 or other models too?

^ ahh so that's your regular photoshoot gallery. Cute shot.

Old 01-11-2007 | 09:35 AM
|
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Yes, I've been through that goo stage too. It works nicely but makes it horrible to work on anything beneath the vehicle. It also makes my engine bay, door hinge areas look filthy.

Of course its also the time off year filth persists so I'm sure your girl will have many a bath even if it is with your waterless system. I changed the oil in mine, pumped the tires, slapped on a coat of Nattys and drove over to put it into hibernation. There was a black Bimmer with a cover on it resting as well, only a few spots away from mine. I couldn't see which model but noticed the wheels appeared the same as TelegramSam's. Are those exclusive to the M5 or other models too?

^ ahh so that's your regular photoshoot gallery. Cute shot.
Yep, M5 wheels are M5 only; but a ton of guys put M5 replicas on their cars so who knows. If it's stored there's a good chance it's an M5.

Old 01-11-2007 | 09:48 AM
PDT
The drop looks great Kevin! Beautiful car!

Old 01-11-2007 | 09:53 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by picus112
Yep, M5 wheels are M5 only; but a ton of guys put M5 replicas on their cars so who knows. If it's stored there's a good chance it's an M5.
Thanks, I didn't want to yank the cover off the car of course, but maybe I'll find out sometime.

Old 01-11-2007 | 10:40 AM
|
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Thanks, I didn't want to yank the cover off the car of course, but maybe I'll find out sometime.
Do it!

Old 01-11-2007 | 10:55 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by picus112
Do it!
Lot's of security cameras around. Even though I was a returning client I didn't want to get booted out while dropping off the car. Maybe when I leave.

Old 01-31-2007 | 10:58 PM
Concours d'Elegance
Kevin: Congrats my friend!

The car looks absolutely stunning and your mods (if I had an E92) are so closely paralleled to my own, it's actually a bit scary...or maybe just some good taste .

I know you'll treat her well and keep her beautiful. Best of luck and many happy (and fast) miles ahead.

All the best.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bittersweet, new car is here!