Canada Serving Canada.

Paintless dent repair recommedations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 03:42 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
It's my own fault on the plate thing, I knew it would happen eventually. I figured I'd get a fix it, but the cop was obviously in a bad mood. I don't mind the ticket, I just wish the police officers in this town weren't such ****** to people. Want to pull me over and write me a ticket for something I did wrong? Fine. Want to harass me and make me sit in my car forr 45 minutes while you write a $110 ticket...? Whatever. The guy actually said (I thought this only happened in cliche movies); "how's a kid like you manage to pay for a car like this?". What am I supposed to say, "You caught me, I'm a 16 year old drug dealer"?

I must have crappy karma!
lol, Kevin, don't let one dick-head ruin your day.....or should I say 2 dick-heads in a week.

Keep it together man....better days and weeks are ahead....

You'll feel good once that little ding is fixed...

C.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Haha ya, I'm just whining. I know it could be worse, some dork in a garage could have rammed my car with a truck, imagine that... Oh wait. Poor Sam. :/

Here is my awesome plate bracket, copyright me! (ya right).

My car is crying.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
OHHHHH, I also showed the car to a Dent Wizard tech (says he's been doing this 20 years) and he says he is sure he can make it "at least 95% better", so I go in Monday at 2pm. Cross your fingers.
Good luck Kevin, I hope that Dent Wizard gets your baby back to original condition.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:03 PM
O.F. Administrator
Haha ya, I'm just whining. I know it could be worse, some dork in a garage could have rammed my car with a truck, imagine that... Oh wait. Poor Sam. :/

My car is crying.
I'm seeing Sam tomorrow, I hope....I'm expecting to see a great job on his coupe.

That plate looks so out of place doesn't it, Kevin.....UGGGG

Is it legal to paint the white background body colour?????? J/K

If it's any consolation, I hate my front plate too-- absolutely unnecessary. -- but as you found out: a money maker.

Nice job on the mount, btw......
Have you thought of Ian's plate mod -- Maybe that would satisfy the locals. ----- or maybe you're not prepared to spend another $104 to find out....

Good luck getting that ding fixed up next week.

C.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
picus112
Detailing Geek: Quote :

LOL Don't mind the joke. Sorry bout your ticket. Go to court and .... give an excuse.
Got my Girl at 4:29. Looks good.
Beware of reading any further unless you want to ROFLYAF as I did when it happened.
Driving home I stopped for gas. I forgot where the fuel door release was and the manual was in the trunk. I sat at the pump and laughed so hard I almost cried. I wiped my eyes and drove home.
Boy, I missed the exhaust music.

Kevin, you are about to have mail.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Staff ALUMNI
I thought of Ians mod, but I don't know; it all just looks like a plate to me. Maybe some day down the road I will say screw it and put on this body colored plate bracket I have, it wouldn't look too hideous I guess. Bah.

Ya, I am going to see Sam tomorrow too! I can't wait. Poor guy must need a hug.

Edit: there he is! LOL @ the gas door problem.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^good stuff Kevin.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is crying.
can i suggest trying to mount the plate using the bottom holes of the plate? That way it's not so low to the ground... Wonder if you need some braces to prevent the plate from flexing though.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:56 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by whatacar
picus112
Detailing Geek: Quote :

LOL Don't mind the joke. Sorry bout your ticket. Go to court and .... give an excuse.
Got my Girl at 4:29. Looks good.
Beware of reading any further unless you want to ROFLYAF as I did when it happened.
Driving home I stopped for gas. I forgot where the fuel door release was and the manual was in the trunk. I sat at the pump and laughed so hard I almost cried. I wiped my eyes and drove home.
Boy, I missed the exhaust music.

Kevin, you are about to have mail.
No worries, Sam....I'll show you tomorrow.....
If you're late, then I'll know you ran out of gas and come lookin'.

C.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Msedanman
No worries, Sam....I'll show you tomorrow.....
If you're late, then I'll know you ran out of gas and come lookin'.

C.
Very funny Colin. I like it.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by noodleman
can i suggest trying to mount the plate using the bottom holes of the plate? That way it's not so low to the ground... Wonder if you need some braces to prevent the plate from flexing though.
Hmm, interesting idea. Maybe I will try that. Right now it doesn't have braces and is pretty darn tight; I think it'll be ok; just a matter of finding the best position for it. Hell, maybe I will just mount it like a normal person.

Oh, fwiw, right now the front lip is slightly lower than it, so it won't drag or anything. I made sure of that. I'm probably going to get a front lip soon too which will be even a little lower.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh man, I cringed big time when I read this. I was hoping it wasn't THAT car. I gotta agree you kept your cool real good. I would have just flipped-out right on the spot. That lady has some nerve but her manners don't surprise me anymore. It's sad but you start to get pretty cynical about people when you start getting old. I've been reading about too many incidents like this since I've been cruising this site. I hope you get it returned to its pristine shape.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Thanks guys. I will let you know how it goes.

BTW, I just met with Sam and his car looks great. He was smilin' ear to ear!

Old 01-13-2007, 05:38 PM
O.F. Administrator
Thanks guys. I will let you know how it goes.

BTW, I just met with Sam and his car looks great. He was smilin' ear to ear!
Good to hear, Kevin. That's passin' the test.....

I saw a little orange peel but not much....Overall looked pretty good tome (that I could see)....

C.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Good to hear, Kevin. That's passin' the test.....

I saw a little orange peel but not much....Overall looked pretty good tome (that I could see)....

C.
Yep, there was some orange peel, specifically on the rear deck lid and bottoms of doors, but it looks very OEM (probably a bit better), which is a good thing in my opinion. Hardness is tough to measure without polishing, but I think it is harder than OEM too, a little above average, which is better than regular Infiniti paint. The only thing that seemed weird at first was that the shop used a matte black on the insides of doors, trunk, hood; which is very "german". BMW, Audi, and Mercedes all do this, but Japanese car companies don't. It's not an issue at all, it's just sort of a "tell" that the car has been repainted.

I didn't see or feel any overspray, I didn't see any runs. I did some some solvent pops but that's normal. if I was Sam I'd be happy with the job pending another review when the clear is fully cured.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paintless dent repair recommedations?